• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I suppose it could be shoe horned into 5.1.6 and declared "unsafe" at such ranges where long guns are considered "unsafe" for those bays...
    doesn't really fit the intent of the rule. my biggest problem w/ the division is the shoe horning into a handgun rule set...

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Making a division mandatory for a club or match that does not want such a division seems like a great way to conduct a business or organization. A competitor can vote with their feet and go where they can shoot the division. A club or match director having something forced on them will result in fewer workers or maybe few clubs. The answer seems obvious.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Although probably not welcome, I'll throw this out there.
    When this thread started 4 months ago, I was kind of excited. I've followed it since the beginning. I've got 5 pistol caliber SBRs and I thought this would be pretty cool way to get back into some competive shooting, with the guns I like today.

After reading all of this, I'll probably just pass. It was proposed to get new people, and new money into the hobby. New people are reluctant to show up, because it is kind of a clique. Reading this thread has just reinforced it. A lot of the "membership" has made it pretty clear they are not open to new things or people. This attitude is what keeps new people away.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    When this thread started 4 months ago, I was kind of excited. I've followed it since the beginning. I've got 5 pistol caliber SBRs and I thought this would be pretty cool way to get back into some competive shooting, with the guns I like today.

After reading all of this, I'll probably just pass. It was proposed to get new people, and new money into the hobby. New people are reluctant to show up, because it is kind of a clique. Reading this thread has just reinforced it. A lot of the "membership" has made it pretty clear they are not open to new things or people. This attitude is what keeps new people away.

Everything you said has an element of truth except not being open to new people, that is def. not true! I want to shoot with and against as many good shooters that want to compete. Bring your pistol you will be encouraged to come back.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    seems to be a lot of open shooter bashing going on here.......its the original division!

WVPPS has 3 extra sundays (5th sunday of the month)spoke for, a bunch of props, kindle scoring,etc. We just need a PCC match director and a set up crew....

Any takers on this yet?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    New people are reluctant to show up, because it is kind of a clique. Reading this thread has just reinforced it.

If you were to pick any of the local clubs and just start shooting you would soon notice that there are all kinds of folks in the sports and that they tend to be very friendly and very willing to help.
    Odds are that you would get along better or worse with some folks than with others, but that is just the nature of associating with human beings in any sort of group. I think.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana

Well, looks like he voted with his feet...:yesway:

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

internet banter is all, don't let it scare you away. If PCC becomes a thing find the clubs hosting it (or clubs running it 'outlaw' now) and have fun!

-rvb

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

You can shoot them in Steel challenge, you always could at Riley. I believe PCC is now an official division for steel challenge matches.

The first match of the year is Saturday. Set up starts at 0800,registration begins at 0900.
    Come on out

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Friday Night Steel has had a PCC division for the last 7-8? years also. So no excuses if you've wanted to compete with your PCC, but haven't.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I don't shoot Steel Challenge with anything. And standing in one spot and shooting 5 pcs of steel is not what I like to call fun.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Friday Night Steel has had a PCC division for the last 7-8? years also. So no excuses if you've wanted to compete with your PCC, but haven't.

I've been to FNS a few times, and I like it. The only issue would be that very few people shoot that division. That will always be the problem with PCC. It will probably never achieve wide spread popularity.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yes it is Jeff. Unfortunately, I can't afford the time for a 2nd match on the weekend. I'm gone every Sunday just about, the way it is.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I've been to FNS a few times, and I like it. The only issue would be that very few people shoot that division. That will always be the problem with PCC. It will probably never achieve wide spread popularity.

Especially with the bias against it. I'm surprised really. I thought this was about shooting guns and having fun. It seems some folks have oxen involved...

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Have you ever been to a USPSA match?
    This thread is to discuss the PCC coming into the sport. People don't agree on everything in life but this is a good place to discuss the pro's and con's and state your opinion(Just like you did).
    Firearm ownership is all about cliques. Go to a gun show and look at the fanboys drooling around the booth with AR's and another group around the table with the glocks or lever action rifles and SA revolvers. The shooting sports are no different.
    Trap, Skeet, Hi Power rifle, Cowboy, USPSA, IDPA, Steel, we all have our favorite "clique".
    While we don't always agree on which sport is the best(USPSA:bat:) or what changes we want to the sport I have NEVER seen or heard anyone complain about or try to discourage new shooters. In fact we all were new shooters once and while we sometimes forget we do know what it was like.
    Sure you can or will run into some shooters you don't like just like you will do in everything you do. I have seen shooters loan guns and gear or ammo to people they don't even know. Very helpful to the new shooters. I encourage you to try it and have fun.

If everyone thinks like that you are right it will never be popular.
    BTW in case you think I'm picking on you I shoot revolver in USPSA and in 50% of the matches I have shot in the last 4 years I was the only one or 1 of 2 or 3. I shoot revolver because I like it not because it was popular. If you want to shoot PCC step up and do it at the clubs that allow it.
    You can still compare your scores to the pistol shooters if you want to see how you did.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Have you ever been to a USPSA match?
    This thread is to discuss the PCC coming into the sport. People don't agree on everything in life but this is a good place to discuss the pro's and con's and state your opinion(Just like you did).
    Firearm ownership is all about cliques. Go to a gun show and look at the fanboys drooling around the booth with AR's and another group around the table with the glocks or lever action rifles and SA revolvers. The shooting sports are no different.
    Trap, Skeet, Hi Power rifle, Cowboy, USPSA, IDPA, Steel, we all have our favorite "clique".
    While we don't always agree on which sport is the best(USPSA:bat:) or what changes we want to the sport I have NEVER seen or heard anyone complain about or try to discourage new shooters. In fact we all were new shooters once and while we sometimes forget we do know what it was like.
    Sure you can or will run into some shooters you don't like just like you will do in everything you do. I have seen shooters loan guns and gear or ammo to people they don't even know. Very helpful to the new shooters. I encourage you to try it and have fun.

If everyone thinks like that you are right it will never be popular.
    BTW in case you think I'm picking on you I shoot revolver in USPSA and in 50% of the matches I have shot in the last 4 years I was the only one or 1 of 2 or 3. I shoot revolver because I like it not because it was popular. If you want to shoot PCC step up and do it at the clubs that allow it.
    You can still compare your scores to the pistol shooters if you want to see how you did.

If I came off as being a little whiny about it, I'd like to apologize. That wasn't really my intent. Although I haven't ever shot a USPA match, (which I hear is the best), I did shoot skeet for several years, so I understand what you are saying. Nothing like a guy telling you to run his O/U which cost more than my truck.

There are plenty of events that do allow PCC, so it's kind of a moot point whether or not this is ever accepted into USPA, at least from my perspective. I guess when I first read of this, it peaked my interest, and I was hoping it would become more mainstream. The more matches being held, the better chance I have of fitting a couple into my busy schedule.

Top Bottom