• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm wondering where my chloroform wandered off to; I'm hoping the bottle doesn't fall off a shelf somewhere and break, at least not when I'm home. That was a whole [bad word] liter of it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    For the record, I'm almost certain there's no "pipeline police". I think the DOE fellers only deal with nuclear power plants and stuff.

My first job out of school dealt with subsurface soil investigations. We had a project in Decatur near Bellmont HS. There also happened to be a HUGE cross country natural gas pipeline through there.

The pipeline guys and the locator guys were observing nearby as we worked, for sure, but there weren't any kind of law enforcement.

The RR guy in front of HD was probably just A) nosey ... Or B) the description of the location of the accident was close enough to the railroad for him to think he may be of assistance should there be an encroachment onto the railroad right of way.

And no, we didn't puncture the large diameter NG line in Decatur. Thankfully. (other buried utilities at other locations yes...including a NG line)

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    For the record, I'm almost certain there's no "pipeline police". I think the DOE fellers only deal with nuclear power plants and stuff.

My first job out of school dealt with subsurface soil investigations. We had a project in Decatur near Bellmont HS. There also happened to be a HUGE cross country natural gas pipeline through there.

The pipeline guys and the locator guys were observing nearby as we worked, for sure, but there weren't any kind of law enforcement.

The RR guy in front of HD was probably just A) nosey ... Or B) the description of the location of the accident was close enough to the railroad for him to think he may be of assistance should there be an encroachment onto the railroad right of way.

And no, we didn't puncture the large diameter NG line in Decatur. Thankfully. (other buried utilities at other locations yes...including a NG line)
    Believe it or not DOT has jurisdiction on pipelines, at least natural gas to my knowledge. If I mis marked a high pressure pipeline and it was ruptured I would have been sent for a whizz quiz to determine if I was under the influence of something. We even had to recertify once a year with pipeline safety training. Thankfully I never had a damage at fault or otherwise.

Top Bottom