• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Willing to bet that the fact that people were willing to actually confront Piers, and humiliate him on air, is why he's now changing his act. Possible that he's finally realizing that he's barking up the wrong tree, and that he is in a minority.

The anti-gun crowd, I can understand and can see their perspective on the matter. It's a thing of wanting to see this tactful looking society without weapons of any kind, it's a fairytale but it's what they believe they are trying to accomplish. They don't understand crime in the slightest, but simply use it to shame who ever disagrees with them.
    The biggest glaring thing I see that any anti-gunner with half a brain should understand, is that these upper end rifles aren't cheap common street thug tools. Most have many thousands of dollars put into them. They are at the lowest possible risk of anything for being involved in a crime. Where as the weapons the anti-gunners are alright with, generally, are typically the ones most often used in crimes.

Makes me want to beat my head against a wall at times over the lack of any real intelligence on the other side of the fence. It's nearly impossible to have a realistic and civil discussion.

It doesn't matter what types of guns are used in what types of crimes, it does not mean we shouldn't be allowed to possess them. All weaponry is mandated. There is no red line or restrictions upon the word 'arms,' which extends well beyond firearms.

You are right, though. It is very difficult to get a response from someone who supports tyranny who utilizes logic or reason. It's almost perpetually appeal to emotion, which has no bearing on the situation.

Ginger89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Most people with Piers tend to get aggressive. He maintained his cool through the entire interview.

srandrews80

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Plainfield
    If anyone deserves the rights granted to them by the constitution it is those that willingly risk their lives to defend it. The pride you feel putting on the uniform can not be matched.

srandrews80

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Plainfield
    Sorry for the double post, but i actually really like what other countries have done as far as every able body man and woman is in the military for 2 years after high school. Being in the military no matter what branch really changes a person and gives them alot of tools to carry with them in their life.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    +1 to the Marine. He was calm, cool, and collected. If only we had more people like him representing us.

I still want to see Ron Paul smack PM around on gun control, he was always entertaining to watch in the GOP Debates.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    k, this dude, in all great respect for service.

coached and teleprompted.
    he read lines as if a 5th grader was reading from the Lit book.
    totally unconvincing.

however, any wind we can take from the CNN sails, esp Morgan is grand.

that said, i'm upset that no 2A arguments have ever mentioned its true nature. BALLS anyone?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Brilliant, Respectful, and Intelligent.

How could he even say that "I respect you for what you've done" to the Marine, when the idea of going to war would be to protect those rights of us Americans and Uphold the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I still can't believe the AR-15 is the demon and the AK-47 hasn't even been mentioned in all of this.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Yeah man, keep it quiet... if the AK gets brought up, eventually someone will stumble upon the vz.58, and then I'm screwed! :D

Really though if you think that the AK will come out unscathed you are deluded! remember DF has her list of 120 specifically named firearms; you can bet your ass the AK is on it!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    What are the odds that Morgan will be calling for the murder of Joshua Boston by tomorrow evening?

I would say they are very slim... PM doesn't want the full weight of the USMC on his neck... the Marines tend to stick together; they say once a Marine, always a Marine. the commandant of the USMC might just take an unhealthy (for PM) interest in a member of the media singling out one of his men, active or dorment, I don't think would matter.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Sorry for the double post, but i actually really like what other countries have done as far as every able body man and woman is in the military for 2 years after high school. Being in the military no matter what branch really changes a person and gives them alot of tools to carry with them in their life.

I would agree... and I wasn't allowed to serve. tried the USMC, Army and Nat. guard... damn knees. The biggest ***** of it is now my knees are better than they've ever been, and I'm too old to serve; according to them. :(

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I noticed Gen. McChrystal talking about the 5.56mm round causing "devastating" damage. I wish somebody would explain the real ballistics and wounding potential of the 5.56mm round. I realize the 5.56mm round will do the job. However, it isn't the Hammer of Thor.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I noticed Gen. McChrystal talking about the 5.56mm round causing "devastating" damage. I wish somebody would explain the real ballistics and wounding potential of the 5.56mm round. I realize the 5.56mm round will do the job. However, it isn't the Hammer of Thor.

depends on the round. NATO issue M855, supposedly does not wound reliably or incapacitate quickly.

in the 60s, the original round issued in 'Nam I believe was M193, which reportedly indeed caused 'devastating wounds' and was darn near considered a war-crime.

Again, that's all supposition and only what I've read.

The weapon itself has also changed much since - especially as it applies to ballistics. A standard M4 has a 14.5" barrel at I believe 1:9 twist.
    the original M16 had a 20" barrel, with I think a 1:8 twist. Someone can fact-check that one, I'm unsure on the twist of it.

point being, there are variants of the AR which INDEED can cause 'devastating wounds' if you believe what you read.

Either way, those few inches REALLY make a difference, or so my dates tell me :D

Top Bottom