• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Headed to Glacier in a month. Hope we get pics half as good as these.
    May need you to start a thread on your trip! We're looking at heading there next year.
    We didn't see most of it. Only saw 1/8th of it because of our 2 week itinerary. Check out their website now and start figuring things out. It is the most 'you need a reservation/tickets' park I've ever been to. Talking to folks, you see more animals on the east side. We were going to take the boat lake tour, but it was already booked out being so close to Father's Day weekend.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    We didn't even see 1/8th of it because of our 2 week itinerary. Check out their website now and start figuring things out. It is the most 'you need a reservation/tickets' park I've ever been to. Talking to folks, you see more animals on the east side. We were going to take the boat lake tour, but it was already booked out being so close to Father's Day weekend.
    You hit a lot of places in your two weeks, did that include your drive there and back? I did a lot of trips like that when I was a kid.

We flew out to Yellowstone and Grand Teton earlier this month. 8 full days between the two parks and saw almost everything. We took my mom along on this trip and she remarked how nice it was to not have to race through everything.

The wife has been researching Glacier a few weeks so far, then will get me a list to whittle down and organize. I'd like to hit it this September, she's thinking 2025. I guess it depends on hotel / activity availability.

We will likely fly into Bozeman or Spokane, although it looks like flights and rental cars are cheaper in Spokane.

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    We're taking the bus to Chicago, hopping on the train, have 2 tours booked. Despite being in every state east of the MS, except Vermont, I have ventured very little past the MS River. That and riding the train will make it an adventure, despite spending so little time there. +1 off the bucket list.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    We're taking the bus to Chicago, hopping on the train, have 2 tours booked. Despite being in every state east of the MS, except Vermont, I have ventured very little past the MS River. That and riding the train will make it an adventure, despite spending so little time there. +1 off the bucket list.
    Make it a goal to see all 50, we have an absolutely beautiful country!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    You hit a lot of places in your two weeks, did that include your drive there and back? I did a lot of trips like that when I was a kid.

We flew out to Yellowstone and Grand Teton earlier this month. 8 full days between the two parks and saw almost everything. We took my mom along on this trip and she remarked how nice it was to not have to race through everything.

The wife has been researching it a few weeks so far, then will get me a list to whittle down and organize. I'd like to hit it this September, she's thinking 2025. I guess it depends on hotel / activity availability.

We will likely fly into Bozeman or Spokane, although it looks like flights and rental cars are cheaper in Spokane.
    We did a 2 week RV trip. Stayed with her cousin in Bozeman, then headed up to Glacier after breakfast. About a 5 hour drive where 90 miles had 0 phone/data/radio. Tunes saved on my phone and a speaker was fantastic. Parked for the night, then did the park for the day, then 5 long hours back (not including stopping in Butte for gas and a sit down meal).

Inside Yellowstone (except by Old Faithful) 0 phone/data/radio, so again the tunes and speaker. Friends of ours have a hiking app that does not need to be connected to data, so that may be worth looking into.

Take at least 2 sets of warm clothes. Weather pulled a 180 after we visited Glacier. Snowed at Yellowstone (didn't stick). I had on a hoodie and fishing jacket. Folks next to me were not prepared with shorts and flip flips. When we were at Glacier it was 60s/70s, then 2 days later they got hit with 12" of snow.

e now been to 37 (including D.C.). Only added 2 states this trip.

* Alabama ✔️
    * Alaska
    * Arizona
    * Arkansas ✔
    * California✔
    * Colorado ✔
    * Connecticut
    * Delaware
    * Florida ✔
    * Georgia ✔
    * Hawaii ✔
    * Idaho✔️
    * Illinois ✔
    * Indiana ✔
    * Iowa ✔️
    * Kansas ✔️
    * Kentucky ✔️
    * Louisiana✔️
    * Maine
    * Maryland ✔
    * Massachusetts
    * Michigan ✔
    * Minnesota ✔
    * Mississippi✔️
    * Missouri ✔️
    * Montana✔️
    * Nebraska ✔️
    * Nevada ✔
    * New Hampshire
    * New Jersey
    * New Mexico
    * New York ✔
    * North Carolina✔️
    * North Dakota
    * Ohio ✔
    * Oklahoma
    * Oregon
    * Pennsylvania ✔️
    * Rhode Island
    * South Carolina ✔️
    * South Dakota✔️
    * Tennessee ✔️
    * Texas ✔
    * Utah✔️
    * Vermont✔
    * Virginia ✔️
    * Washington
    * Washington, D.C.✔
    * West Virginia ✔
    * Wisconsin ✔
    * Wyoming✔️

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    We did a 2 week RV trip. Stayed with her cousin in Bozeman, then headed up to Glacier after breakfast. About a 5 hour drive where 90 miles had 0 phone/data/radio. Tunes saved on my phone and a speaker was fantastic. Parked for the night, then did the park for the day, then 5 long hours back (not including stopping in Butte for gas and a sit down meal).

Inside Yellowstone (except by Old Faithful) 0 phone/data/radio, so again the tunes and speaker. Friends of ours have a hiking app that does not need to be connected to data, so that may be worth looking into.

Take at least 2 sets of warm clothes. Weather pulled a 180 after we visited Glacier. Snowed at Yellowstone (didn't stick). I had on a hoodie and fishing jacket. Folks next to me were not prepared with shorts and flip flips. When we were at Glacier it was 60s/70s, then 2 days later they got hit with 12" of snow.

e now been to 37 (including D.C.). Only added 2 states this trip.

* Alabama ✔️
    * Alaska
    * Arizona
    * Arkansas ✔
    * California✔
    * Colorado ✔
    * Connecticut
    * Delaware
    * Florida ✔
    * Georgia ✔
    * Hawaii ✔
    * Idaho✔️
    * Illinois ✔
    * Indiana ✔
    * Iowa ✔️
    * Kansas ✔️
    * Kentucky ✔️
    * Louisiana✔️
    * Maine
    * Maryland ✔
    * Massachusetts
    * Michigan ✔
    * Minnesota ✔
    * Mississippi✔️
    * Missouri ✔️
    * Montana✔️
    * Nebraska ✔️
    * Nevada ✔
    * New Hampshire
    * New Jersey
    * New Mexico
    * New York ✔
    * North Carolina✔️
    * North Dakota
    * Ohio ✔
    * Oklahoma
    * Oregon
    * Pennsylvania ✔️
    * Rhode Island
    * South Carolina ✔️
    * South Dakota✔️
    * Tennessee ✔️
    * Texas ✔
    * Utah✔️
    * Vermont✔
    * Virginia ✔️
    * Washington
    * Washington, D.C.✔
    * West Virginia ✔
    * Wisconsin ✔
    * Wyoming✔️
    Nice. I've been to all 50, hit Hawaii before I was 25 and that was the last one. It was a pain to pack for our recent 9 day trip and have it fit in a carry on, but we made it happen!

We had two cooler days in Yellowstone (light jacket and jeans). Otherwise I was in shorts and a polo shirt for the bulk of the trip. It got cold and snowy after we left.

I added Sirius to our rental (I've been out west before) and downloaded offline maps to our phones before we headed out. It was nice having no cellular data in the park, and a cozy Hampton Inn to retreat to for the night.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You’ll get great pictures, Gping to the Sun Road should be open by then. Was not open last week when I was there.
    Do your tours booked include going on the road? If not, they open up pass sales at 7pm the night before, sell out within seconds.
    We went as far as we could from each way.

Top Bottom