• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Did the Wabash river from Wabash to Logansport. 1st time ever on the Wabash. Also found my 1st shed. Also saw bald eagle fly over with 2 tails???? Well the eagle had a fox squirrel. lol. 32 miles and very little current had to paddle 95% of the time to get there when wife would pick me up. 9.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch break. Bucket list on that done. IMG_4325.jpeg

DCR

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Did the Wabash river from Wabash to Logansport. 1st time ever on the Wabash. Also found my 1st shed. Also saw bald eagle fly over with 2 tails???? Well the eagle had a fox squirrel. lol. 32 miles and very little current had to paddle 95% of the time to get there when wife would pick me up. 9.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch break. Bucket list on that done. View attachment 354807
    Nicely done! From a fellow kayaker.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Did the Wabash river from Wabash to Logansport. 1st time ever on the Wabash. Also found my 1st shed. Also saw bald eagle fly over with 2 tails???? Well the eagle had a fox squirrel. lol. 32 miles and very little current had to paddle 95% of the time to get there when wife would pick me up. 9.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch break. Bucket list on that done. View attachment 354807
    On to white water....class 3 perhaps?
    You'll have to leave the state for that tho

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Mccormicks creeks canyon falls and lower cataract falls.

Wife wanted to camp but I'm getting backed up on the leather bench so we stayed in a cabin so it'd be easier to keep chugging along with leather work than tent camping would be. Have wanted to go to mccormicks for a while and the cabins are still open even though the campground isn't. Very pretty park even if it rained all weekend. Hiked all 5 fully open trails with the family. Stitching leather while listening to the rain in the woods is super relaxing.20240601_183608.jpg20240531_155939.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mccormicks creeks canyon falls and lower cataract falls.

Wife wanted to camp but I'm getting backed up on the leather bench so we stayed in a cabin so it'd be easier to keep chugging along with leather work than tent camping would be. Have wanted to go to mccormicks for a while and the cabins are still open even though the campground isn't. Very pretty park even if it rained all weekend. Hiked all 5 fully open trails with the family. Stitching leather while listening to the rain in the woods is super relaxing.View attachment 356804View attachment 356805
    This had me encouraged to look into the cabins, but their "absolutely no pets" policy is a deal breaker. :(

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This had me encouraged to look into the cabins, but their "absolutely no pets" policy is a deal breaker. :(

Bummer .... I didn't realize that.
    McCormick's Creek is one of my favorite places. My ancestors would have large all-day picknicks there, when I was just a young boy.

It's still one of my favorite places to photograph ... especially in the Fall.

(click for large photo)
    IMG_2993%20copy-X3.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bummer .... I didn't realize that.
    McCormick's Creek is one of my favorite places. My ancestors would have large all-day picknicks there, when I was just a young boy.

It's still one of my favorite places to photograph ... especially in the Fall.

(click for large photo)
    IMG_2993%20copy-X3.jpg
    I remember going there as a kid and seeing the old WPA camp stuff.

Top Bottom