• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I live minutes from the Ohio state line, I like being on the same time as Ohio and other states. It makes life easier when all the clocks have the same time.

I also like that it is still daylight out at 9:00 at night during the summer.

I've never understood why everyone complains about it. It's no big deal to me.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I live minutes from the Ohio state line, I like being on the same time as Ohio and other states. It makes life easier when all the clocks have the same time.

I also like that it is still daylight out at 9:00 at night during the summer.

I've never understood why everyone complains about it. It's no big deal to me.
    Unless you try to get a 4 year old to go to sleep at 8 while the sun is up in the middle of the sky

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...It makes life easier when all the clocks have the same time.

Exactly my point from an earlier rant in this thread:

...Get rid of time zones while we're at it. We don't rely on sun dials any more. Everyone will know what time is - everywhere - all the time...

So why does everyone want to keep tweaking and supporting the goofy time and schedule changing system we're on now, insanity? :dunno:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Unless you try to get a 4 year old to go to sleep at 8 while the sun is up in the middle of the sky

Why would you put a 4 year old to bed that early? How many hours does a 4 year old sleep?

Of course I must ask, why are you arguing with a 4 year old anyway?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    How late do you let a 4 year old stay up?

I don't argue with 4 year olds, I tell them what to do.

Then tell them to go to bed. :laugh:

If they only sleep 8 hours they would be up at 4am. If they sleep 10 it would be 6am. See what I am getting at.

I haven't had a 4 year old in years. I have no clue when bed time should be.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Then tell them to go to bed. :laugh:

If they only sleep 8 hours they would be up at 4am. If they sleep 10 it would be 6am. See what I am getting at.

I haven't had a 4 year old in years. I have no clue when bed time should be.
    I used to get 10 hours a night out of each of my boys, they are much older now and I could probably get 12 hours a night out of them if I didn't make them get up :D

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    images

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    NO!

You want to go from the longest daylight hours to the shortest?

I love dst! I want the Sun shining as long as possible!

Ah, the daylight saving time saga. I hate, I like DST. I do not like moving the clock forward in the spring and moving it back in the fall as other folks have said.

But, I have never figured out how there is more or less dyalight with or without DST. There is 24 hours in each day and the sun rises and sets each day as well. The sunrise and sunset is not determined by where the hands on the clock are located.. Here we have longer daylight hours in the summer and shorter daylight hours in the winter regardless of DST.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ah, the daylight saving time saga. I hate, I like DST. I do not like moving the clock forward in the spring and moving it back in the fall as other folks have said.

But, I have never figured out how there is more or less dyalight with or without DST. There is 24 hours in each day and the sun rises and sets each day as well. The sunrise and sunset is not determined by where the hands on the clock are located.. Here we have longer daylight hours in the summer and shorter daylight hours in the winter regardless of DST.
    But DST affects when most people have to be at work and when they get off of work.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    But DST affects when most people have to be at work and when they get off of work.

Wrong. They change their schedules to accomplish this.

Coonfingering the clocks is simply a crude and inefficient method by which they convince themselves they haven't changed their schedules.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I hate DST. I hated trying to put my daughter to bed when the sun is beaming through her window, then trying to get her up the next morning, ugh. I do enjoy being able to come home and work in the garden or grill out. Damn double edged sword.

Top Bottom