• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Only if you put in the effort to generate huge volumes of energy and solid scientific gear.

No politician has ever worked that hard. So until they do... bupkis.

To be geeky, technically, they've already done experiments to prove it...come to think of it, you're right too--they did put huge volumes of money and resources to do it.;)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Ummm, the Mongolian-Americans manipulated time too ya know.:D
    Yeah.
    They reset their Timex watches twice a year. :D
    Actually, my Wifes Grandfather, Chief Jean Baptiste Richardsville, had clocks in his home.
    He was proud of the fact that he could set a "time" for dinner, meetings, etc.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've never had a day in my life when I thought, "Man I wish it was dark already!"

I have!!
    I hate waiting til after 10pm for 4th of July fireworks!
    And who wants to wait til dark for a decent fire-pit to hang around when it's so late already & you have to get up early for work? Bah!!
    And really little ones with bedtimes? Yeah, it's fun getting them down while the sun is still shining.
    DST sucks!

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I have!!
    And who wants to wait til dark for a decent fire-pit to hang around when it's so late already & you have to get up early for work? Bah!!
    And really little ones with bedtimes? Yeah, it's fun getting them down while the sun is still shining.
    DST sucks!
    X2
    And not being able to start night fishing for crappie till that late. It usually takes at least an hour before they start biting.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    <---DST hater.

But I hate Slacktivism even more.

Slackware+Linux+14.0+RC.jpg

Slacktivism will never end!

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    +1 for DST and Eastern Time. I like it when I get home from work that there are a few hours of sunlight to enjoy.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    +1 for DST and Eastern Time. I like it when I get home from work that there are a few hours of sunlight to enjoy.

+1 on that. I thought i'd hate it when it was passed a few years ago but I love the extra daylight in the summer.

What would you do with the extra hour of daylight in the morning? Who cares if it's light at 5:00am.

mikedippert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    To be geeky, technically, they've already done experiments to prove it...come to think of it, you're right too--they did put huge volumes of money and resources to do it.;)
    A unit of time is indeed just an arbitrary unit, but on a human scale, can be defined with extreme precision and accuracy.
    Second - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since 1967, the second has been defined to be:

The duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom

Almost everything is defined with naturally occuring constants. Granted, we are only as accurate as the test sample, measuring equipment, & scientific understanding.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Do people understand that this "extra" daylight only seems to exist because they actually changed their work schedules by an hour?

Coonfingering the clocks in order to pretend we haven't changed our schedules is the ridiculous part I object to.

Change schedules as often as you like... just leave the clocks alone. :n00b:

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I have!!
    DST sucks!

^^^ALL this & have you ever known someone who has a child with severe autism....changing their child's internal clocks twice a year is just another stress they DON'T need!!!

Top Bottom