Perhaps another reason not to put pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... It's significant if it's MY stuff.

Agreed.

There was the case of an older couple from Ohio traveling through TN that were pulled over specifically because of a Buckeye sticker on their vehicle. Officer mistook it for a pot/marijuana sticker.

There was also the case of a leaked Missouri Information Analysis Center report that encouraged police to look for certain bumper stickers as part of their profiling.

Both can be googled. The second is from infowars, so take it for what it's worth. Those are just a couple of instances off the top of my head.

It's kind of a catch 22 to put a sticker on your car for people to see, and then say no one pays attention to such stickers. So, why put it on the vehicle then?

Hank3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Good thoughts, I even think about the butt-heads that would damage my car in a parking lot because I am pro second amendment. That's why my NRA sticker is on a flat magnet; I take it off in those special situations (I took someone's Obama magnet to put my NRA sticker on).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good thoughts, I even think about the butt-heads that would damage my car in a parking lot because I am pro second amendment. That's why my NRA sticker is on a flat magnet; I take it off in those special situations (I took someone's Obama magnet to put my NRA sticker on).

I really like this idea! GTG for INGO events and matches, off for those you do not know.

Is it obvious that you have covered a "hope/change" magnet with the NRA sticker?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As I'm sitting here waiting for radiographs to get done on my last patient for today I was thinking of a somewhat plausible scenario, especially considering the recent news of LTCH/CCW permit holders having road rage issues...

I could see someone, especially someone who is an anti, having the nerve to call 911 and report a driver of a car with NRA/pro-gun stickers for threatening them with a firearm when no such event ever occurred. I will admit I am a rather "offensive" driver and I do get anxious at times wanting to get around d-bags that clog up the left lane...I may even change lanes in front of them a little closer then they would like at times. I know I have angered other drivers in the past (especially ones with obama stickers:cool:), and I'm sure I will again. I'm guessing I'm not the only one on here that has done so.

I'm sure there are people out there brazen enough to call the police and report a driver just pulled out a gun when no such thing happened just because they had certain bumper stickers indicating they are most likely armed.

I could imagine the great frustration from someone if they were pulled over because of a false report like that...the officer would surely disarm them and probably conduct a search and what not, I would think that a report of a man pointing a gun would be enough PC to conduct a search...especially when they actually have a gun on their person.

I have taken off all my NRA/glock/pro-gun stickers out of worry of parking my car downtown when I lived in Indy. Even though I never left my gun in the car I would've hated someone breaking in looking for one...I just thought I would share my concern with INGO to see if any of you guys with pro-gun stickers on your car would ever worry about such a thing?

Keep in mind, you wouldn't have to actually drive aggressively and **** someone off for them to call you in...they could just be an anti-gun nut job and want to make your life difficult...food for thought I guess. What say you?

I worry more about a break in than any false accusations. People make false claims against a lot of different things. usually that's why a dispatcher advises the Trooper/LEO to "Make their own case" Because those calls are OFTEN very exaggerated. Besides with the amount of camera phones it would be easily to prove/disprove. The LEO needs more than "he said so"

I'm kinda wondering what would happen to the person making the bogus call when the Police search the vehicle and DON'T find any type of weapon....

See above but they can't search unless you either give them permission or they have PC. The only other way is if you give them a reason to arrest you for anything then a "search incident to arrest" is conducted and you could be questioned.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's like saying if you OC, you are making yourself a target. I had pro gun sticker s on my Jeep for sometime. I never had an issue. I took them off, only because I don't want to be a target of the police state.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I could see someone, especially someone who is an anti, having the nerve to call 911 and report a driver of a car with NRA/pro-gun stickers for threatening them with a firearm when no such event ever occurred. I will admit I am a rather "offensive" driver and I do get anxious at times wanting to get around d-bags that clog up the left lane...I may even change lanes in front of them a little closer then they would like at times. I know I have angered other drivers in the past (especially ones with obama stickers:cool:), and I'm sure I will again. I'm guessing I'm not the only one on here that has done so.

That's actually been one of my concerns as well...as much as the concern regarding making my vehicle a target for criminals/thieves!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Don't have much of an opinion on stickers. I don't care for bumper stickers, but have had a few window decals, but nothing specific to guns. I do have a recently added pro 2A front plate on the truck.

I have heard from a state trooper that he looked for a Hot 107.9 sticker, because most of the time their license was suspended. This was a Fort Wayne area trooper, I don't recall his name, that the wife did a ride along with a few years back. Keep in mind your favorite bumper sticker can get you more attention than you think.

I do agree with Kirk. Fly what you want, just don't be an idiot in public and you will more than likely be fine.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've got family near Cleveland and we found a Browns spare-tire cover in another state that we picked up for them. One trip to a Steelers game and it was slashed . . . people do respond to stuff they see on cars.

Years back, I was never surprised to see bad driving perpetrated by people with those Kids First plates, surprised that the police didn't pick up on that for profiling. ;)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    those Kids First plates,
    EAT-THE-kids-first-License-Plate.jpeg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I got back window stickers on the truck...."Body piercing by .45 ACP"......for yrs. the only feedback I have got is tailgaters backing off.

The others sticker says .."Cats, Natures little speed bumps.".....I get more conversations with people with that one.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    AH! I finally do remember a story related to this topic....

My FIL and I used to go up to central Canada to fish every year. We crossed the border at International Falls. One year we took his truck, which had a vanity plate on the front they picked up on a trip to Phoenix. It was made of copper, and read "CUNAZ". Well, the young Canadian border patrol agent had some issues: 1) he didn't like that we had non-matching plates front and rear, 2) He wasn't very bright, and 3) He had no sense of humor once we explained the joke (for the 3rd or 4th time). Still got waved through after a few minutes.

So, technically, the vanity plate did cause us to be detained for a moment. Meh, that's all I got.....

We never had issues with the NRA sticker on the back, or the NRA license plate frame.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My aunt and I were detained for 45 mins coming back from Niagara falls...something to do with how the numbers and letters were arranged on Indiana license plates.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I'm so confused!! I have an INGO sticker, AMA sticker (the motorcycle organization, not the medical one), NRA sticker and an FOP star sticker on the glass of my Grand Cherokee. What'll that get me? :dunno:

Top Bottom