Perhaps another reason not to put pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I make the dealer take the decals with their name on it off of my rigs. I fly no flags at all except our ATP racing logo on the front plate mount. No ribbons, no flags, no stickers.
    I even took all the Harley decals and emblems off of my bikes. Just how I do it.
    I believe in several causes I just do not fly the flags.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I'm not only talking about road rage here. My point was stickers could make you a potential target for an anti nut that could potentially ruin your day...I have no idea if anyone has ever done such a thing, I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone else has thought the same or if they think its a plausible scenario.

I have thought that my little NRA sticker could possibly get my truck targeted by a thief with a brick and the desire for a firearm, but I'm not too worried, I stopped leaving anything in the truck most of the time, and the sticker is very little. If someone ever actually did false report you flashing a pistol, deny it, point out your stickers, and ask the LEO to describe the alleged firearm. When they say large revolver and you show a small pistol, problem solved. Well anyways, I doubt they would guess what kind of a firearm you carry. Just my :twocents:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    All bumper stickers/decals are tacky. I don't care what you think, so why should I assume that you care what I think?

And the witty ones never are.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    All bumper stickers/decals are tacky.

They are supposed to be 'tacky' otherwise they wouldn't stay in place. :):

I think I'm going to go buy a Prius, plaster it with Obama, coexist, abortion rights, save the trees, and common core stickers and drive like a complete a-hole. Oh wait...that's been done WAAAAYYYYY too many times already. :D :D

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    They are supposed to be 'tacky' otherwise they wouldn't stay in place. :):

I think I'm going to go buy a Prius, plaster it with Obama, coexist, abortion rights, save the trees, and common core stickers and drive like a complete a-hole. Oh wait...that's been done WAAAAYYYYY too many times already. :D :D

Ha!

I've seen plenty of COEXIST Subarus running 53MPH in the fast lane and just as many NOBAMA smoke-tuned duallies tailgating in the slow lane while belching particulate. Terrible driving crosses all political, ethnic, religious, and class boundaries. I'm just thankful when people choose not to pay more attention to their cellphone than traffic around them.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ha!

I've seen plenty of COEXIST Subarus running 53MPH in the fast lane and just as many NOBAMA smoke-tuned duallies tailgating in the slow lane while belching particulate. Terrible driving crosses all political, ethnic, religious, and class boundaries. I'm just thankful when people choose not to pay more attention to their cellphone than traffic around them.

True, True, True. Far too many people forget about the outside world once ensconced in their otherworldly vehicular cocoon. I see it every day from far above the road surface behind the wheel of my truck.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    True, True, True. Far too many people forget about the outside world once ensconced in their otherworldly vehicular cocoon. I see it every day from far above the road surface behind the wheel of my truck.

It seems most commercial drivers seem to be decent at it. Lucky too, or they'd crush four-wheelers regularly.

The vulnerability inherent to riding a motorcycle raised my awareness of just how bad most people are at piloting a couple of tons of metal at even moderate speeds. I ended up a better driver for it, I think.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Admittedly, there are many D-bag truck drivers as well, most I've seen tend to be newbies though. Thankfully, they either learn or are ticketed out of their CDL's fairly quickly. The industry as a whole doesn't put up with bad drivers, it's far too expensive.

Your point about two wheelers is a good one too, though Brains and Maturity must be present. I've broadsided a car that turned in front of me while on my bike (long time ago) and have lost friends to accidents. I give motorcyclists extra distance whenever possible and watch out for them.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    What I believe in and what I carry is my business and I don't need to advertise that I carry. The old saying what people don't know will not hurt me and I believe in it. I mostly conceal carry it doesn't make me feel big or bad knowing I have a gun on but it does make me feel a lot safer and it is my right to do so. JMO

Sonney

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't take this personly but you are exactly the person we don't want representing us gun owners out on the road.
    I'm about as passive a driver as it gets. But even I, on occasion, have hollered "That light ain't gettin' any greener...GO!! GO!!"...
    That being said, there's nothing on the exterior that says "guns" (or anything else, for that matter). Years ago, I had a magnet... a "Jesus fish"...but somebody stole it. The irony...
    If anybody could see in the very back, the contents back there might give away the gun ownership thing... Box of clays, reset targets, etc. But they're all under a plastic tarp... which, itself, would raise a whole bunch of *other* questions.
    Ha!

I make the dealer take the decals with their name on it off of my rigs.
    Every time we have maintenance or repairs done on my vehicle, the dealership always installs their license plate frame on it.
    Gripes me.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    But they're all under a plastic tarp... which, itself, would raise a whole bunch of *other* questions.

They'd probably grill you less if you didn't insist on also carrying around a shovel and a bag of quicklime.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ha!

Ditto on the cell phone.

Usually when someone blows by me on the hi-way these days it is a Prius or some other Hybrid and the are freaking flying.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I suppose that there is an element of society who recognizes and looks for tip-off decals to steal guns from vehicles. There might even be an element of anti-gunners who similarly target vehicles on the road. However, the vast majority of regular folks out there sharing the highways and byways with us are clueless. I'd even say that the vast majority of those who are quietly anti-gun (they don't protest at Starbucks) and profess to hate guns are mostly unaware that regular Joes are allowed to carry guns in public, concealed or otherwise. You'd be surprised to know how many normal folks think that it's ILLEGAL to carry around a gun unless you're a cop.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. And, when you're in a hurry on your day off, running hither and yon to get things done in your BMW before your tee time at the club :laugh:, allow a little extra time and drive politely. Keep reciting to yourself, out loud if necessary, "An armed society is a polite society." It's sobering to realize that, when you're carrying, every fight you get into has the potential to suddenly become a GUN FIGHT, and change your life forever. Think about that.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't put any stickers on my vehicle, not even religious references, but especially NOT political or pro-gun. You just don't want to advertise any thing. I once got pulled over in a southern state by state trooper, said he had an anonymous tip that I weaving. He got very interested in a hiking sticker I had (it spelled ALDA). Said he didn't believe it referred to hiking. Then he wanted to search, of course I declined, so I had to set and wait forever for the dogs to show up. But he kept asking me, what did you say that sticker stood for again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've thought about that scenario some. I considered an NRA plate when they came out, but decided against it for those basic reasons. Highly emotional people can have trouble controlling their behavior. The anti-gun argument is totally based on emotion, not logic, so it would follow that the potential for an anti-gunner to vandalize a vehicle is high. I do sport an INGO sticker on a couple of my cars though, not so much to broadcast my beliefs to others, but simply to let other INGOers spot each other while out and about. Nobody outside of INGO knows what INGO stands for.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I roll with a discreet little "INGO" window sticker. If you see it, show me a thumbs up. :yesway:

That is NOT the official INGO salute...........

I don't put any stickers on my vehicle, not even religious references, but especially NOT political or pro-gun. You just don't want to advertise any thing. I once got pulled over in a southern state by state trooper, said he had an anonymous tip that I weaving. He got very interested in a hiking sticker I had (it spelled ALDA). Said he didn't believe it referred to hiking. Then he wanted to search, of course I declined, so I had to set and wait forever for the dogs to show up. But he kept asking me, what did you say that sticker stood for again.

Direct case of profiling.

Again, what is the "alternate" meaning of ALDA?

Top Bottom