Perhaps another reason not to put pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Remember JG, those things go under the tarp. Always under. You can leave the lantern out though. People will just think you're camping. :D
    Yeah, a few years ago MiniJet's at-that-time-boyfriend was helping me take some stuff out of the back and he saw the tarp & asked what it was for. A split second before my brain said "catching brass at the range", my mouth went ahead and said, "her previous boyfriend and I did not get along."

I do sport an INGO sticker on a couple of my cars though, not so much to broadcast my beliefs to others, but simply to let other INGOers spot each other while out and about. Nobody outside of INGO knows what INGO stands for.
    I spotted it once at a Burger King in Gas City. (+1 Burger King!)
    What do I win??

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ALAN ALDA. Known liberal wackjob actor. Wait ... that's redundant. :)

I liked him in M*A*S*H, though.

I liked him in MASH when I was a kid.
    After the Navy, then I always just thought he was a whiner and I was thinking I wish he'd just do his damn job. (His character).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do things REALLY happen to cars just because of stickers? Or is that an old wives-tale?

My FIL has rolled with NRA stickers for DECADES. Never an issue, and he lives in the yuppie-infested near-northside of Indy.

I have my INGO sticker (which, granted, is just the 4 letters) on 2 vehicles. Have gotten a few "thumbs up", but nothing ever negative. Even my INGUNOWNERS.COM hat (which I wore to the office today) doesn't raise any eyebrows.

I've seen some window stickers that would offend just about ANYONE. A truck around here has the "f-bomb" in 6" letters on the back. If HE isn't getting keyed, pulled over, and harassed, then I'm certainly not worried about me.

Maybe I just don't feel like living my life worried about what some random wack-job may or may not do or say. I'm prepared to handle it either way.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do things REALLY happen to cars just because of stickers? Or is that an old wives-tale?

There's probably someone somewhere that can attribute vandalism to a sticker. A sticker of what, though? Those M22 stickers probably **** off the Jackson Hole lovers, the 13.1 stickers **** off the swimmers. Starts and bars **** off the sensible. The Coexist stickers **** off Christians. The family stick figures **** off everyone.

This thread reminds me I need to attach my new life member sticker. Haters got hate, but I'll stand proud.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    How contradicting.

You're concerned about the animosity of an anti-gunner seeing your pro-gun sticker...
    But you double your likelihood of putting yourself in the way of harm by having road rage with other motorists.

Lets put it this way..........

Man 1 in car tailgates Man 2's rear bumper.

Man 2 flips the bird, causing Man 1 to cut in front of him, stop and start a verbal argument.

It happens. Bad on both parties.

NOW - Lets add a little twist.

Man 1 in car tailgates Man 2's rear bumper.

Man 2 WITH A GUN flips the bird, causing Man 1 to cut in front of him, stop and start a verbal argument.

Now when the responding officers arrive, it's now Man vs Man WITH A GUN.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Use your judgement wisely.
    Your actions speak louder than words (on a bumper sticker). Be safe out there.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The family stick figures **** off everyone.
    il_340x270.451475624_l7jy.jpg

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I have two INGO stickers on my car. A quick google search of "INGO" brings up this website so it seems relatively easy to figure out that someone sporting that sticker is likely a gun owner. I don't sport anything that says I <3 guns or blatantly signifies that I probably have a firearm on me. Follow me around long enough and you will know though as I OC.

Any other stickers on my car are similar in that they are symbols in EX: a sticker of the thin blue line instead of a sticker that says I'm a cop.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm not a bumper sticker guy, but I must admit that INGO has some very nice looking stickers for vehicle windows. My next order will include one for the back window of my pick-up. Besides, how many anti-gunners have the slightest clue what "INGO" is? :)

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Gray man all the way here ...

... in more ways than one, you wily ol' fox. ;)
    <insert jokes here> :fogey: + :oldwise: :joke:

(Off-topic side note: over the summer, cracked/crunched one or more ribs on the opposite side of the one you (re)broke a couple years ago.)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... in more ways than one, you wily ol' fox. ;)
    <insert jokes here> :fogey: + :oldwise: :joke:

(Off-topic side note: over the summer, cracked/crunched one or more ribs on the opposite side of the one you (re)broke a couple years ago.)

Ouch!
    We gotta play the hand we have don't we?

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Ouch!
    We gotta play the hand we have don't we?
    Yeah. That last one was right in the middle of a 7-day per week schedule. No stopping.
    A blind Chinaman once said, "It is through suffering that we find ourselves."

Catch up with you again some day for more FoF, but maybe with additional PPE. :laugh:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Gray man all the way here . . .

Same here. :shady: I think that’s the way to go from a purely defensive perspective. Although I understand the political/social advocacy side of this too, this thread is in the carry issues and self-defense subforum.

Do things REALLY happen to cars just because of stickers? . . .

There've been articles here and there to suggest this is the case. Insurance companies tell us alarm system signs, or stickers reduce your risk of home burglary.

Yes, many people are oblivious sheep. However, there’s a segment with special interests that do seem to notice tells like stickers. This I do know. How prevalent it is, or how much your risk may be increased - that I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's a non-zero, positive risk, but have no idea how much - could be "insignificant" depending on how you look at it.

Top Bottom