Perhaps another reason not to put pro-gun stickers on your vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    As I'm sitting here waiting for radiographs to get done on my last patient for today I was thinking of a somewhat plausible scenario, especially considering the recent news of LTCH/CCW permit holders having road rage issues...

I could see someone, especially someone who is an anti, having the nerve to call 911 and report a driver of a car with NRA/pro-gun stickers for threatening them with a firearm when no such event ever occurred. I will admit I am a rather "offensive" driver and I do get anxious at times wanting to get around d-bags that clog up the left lane...I may even change lanes in front of them a little closer then they would like at times. I know I have angered other drivers in the past (especially ones with obama stickers:cool:), and I'm sure I will again. I'm guessing I'm not the only one on here that has done so.

I'm sure there are people out there brazen enough to call the police and report a driver just pulled out a gun when no such thing happened just because they had certain bumper stickers indicating they are most likely armed.

I could imagine the great frustration from someone if they were pulled over because of a false report like that...the officer would surely disarm them and probably conduct a search and what not, I would think that a report of a man pointing a gun would be enough PC to conduct a search...especially when they actually have a gun on their person.

I have taken off all my NRA/glock/pro-gun stickers out of worry of parking my car downtown when I lived in Indy. Even though I never left my gun in the car I would've hated someone breaking in looking for one...I just thought I would share my concern with INGO to see if any of you guys with pro-gun stickers on your car would ever worry about such a thing?

Keep in mind, you wouldn't have to actually drive aggressively and **** someone off for them to call you in...they could just be an anti-gun nut job and want to make your life difficult...food for thought I guess. What say you?

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Not to mention it may make your car a target for thieves. They may see such stickers and break into the car trying to find a gun. I don't even put the stickers on our cars that indicate how many family members, kids, pets, etc.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    As I'm sitting here waiting for radiographs to get done on my last patient for today I was thinking of a somewhat plausible scenario, especially considering the recent news of LTCH/CCW permit holders having road rage issues...

I could see someone, especially someone who is an anti, having the nerve to call 911 and report a driver of a car with NRA/pro-gun stickers for threatening them with a firearm when no such event ever occurred. I will admit I am a rather "offensive" driver and I do get anxious at times wanting to get around d-bags that clog up the left lane...I may even change lanes in front of them a little closer then they would like at times. I know I have angered other drivers in the past (especially ones with obama stickers:cool:), and I'm sure I will again. I'm guessing I'm not the only one on here that has done so.

I'm sure there are people out there brazen enough to call the police and report a driver just pulled out a gun when no such thing happened just because they had certain bumper stickers indicating they are most likely armed.

I could imagine the great frustration from someone if they were pulled over because of a false report like that...the officer would surely disarm them and probably conduct a search and what not, I would think that a report of a man pointing a gun would be enough PC to conduct a search...especially when they actually have a gun on their person.

I have taken off all my NRA/glock/pro-gun stickers out of worry of parking my car downtown when I lived in Indy. Even though I never left my gun in the car I would've hated someone breaking in looking for one...I just thought I would share my concern with INGO to see if any of you guys with pro-gun stickers on your car would ever worry about such a thing?

Keep in mind, you wouldn't have to actually drive aggressively and **** someone off for them to call you in...they could just be an anti-gun nut job and want to make your life difficult...food for thought I guess. What say you?
    Don't take this personly but you are exactly the person we don't want representing us gun owners out on the road.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Not to mention it may make your car a target for thieves. They may see such stickers and break into the car trying to find a gun. I don't even put the stickers on our cars that indicate how many family members, kids, pets, etc.
    Just like I'm the first on that gets shot when I OC :D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Fly your flag.

2. If you fly your flag, do not drive aggressively. By putting on that stick you are now an ambassador. No, I don't care if you think it is "meye rye-ittt" to drive like an a-hole. People are judging, fly right.

3. If you are worried about people making up things about you which could be made up and not involve a gun, get a camera.

4. Keep your car clean, free of clutter, and obey the traffic code and you will not get tickets.

5. Don't keep crap in your car that you cannot easily replace, this goes even if you are a cop.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you drive like that, you may find a bad representative of the gun community that has had a bad day. I'd worry more about the road rage.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    1. Fly your flag.

2. If you fly your flag, do not drive aggressively. By putting on that stick you are now an ambassador. No, I don't care if you think it is "meye rye-ittt" to drive like an a-hole. People are judging, fly right.

3. If you are worried about people making up things about you which could be made up and not involve a gun, get a camera.

4. Keep your car clean, free of clutter, and obey the traffic code and you will not get tickets.

5. Don't keep crap in your car that you cannot easily replace, this goes even if you are a cop.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I never do bumper stickers anywAy. The again I drive a pickup truck.

I thought just a big old set of truck nuts was plenty. Outside joke to most
    inner city dwellers. Inside joke to more-county folks.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    1. Fly your flag.

^^^^^^^I agree 100% with this^^^^^^^

Although I can say that having kids makes the clutter part very difficult at times. :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I wanted to get an NRA license plate for our family vehicle but my wife said NO. She was worried an anti gun wacko would key our new vehicle.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I roll with a discreet little "INGO" window sticker. If you see it, show me a thumbs up. :yesway:

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I'm kinda wondering what would happen to the person making the bogus call when the Police search the vehicle and DON'T find any type of weapon....

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Don't take this personly but you are exactly the person we don't want representing us gun owners out on the road.

Haha don't worry I'm not looking to represent any group on the road. I'm just trying to get where I'm going in the most efficient way possible.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I have an INGO sticker and a small Marine Corps emblem on my rear window. Is that likely to get me targeted?
    I'm in fear.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    1. Fly your flag.

I'm not only talking about road rage here. My point was stickers could make you a potential target for an anti nut that could potentially ruin your day...I have no idea if anyone has ever done such a thing, I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone else has thought the same or if they think its a plausible scenario.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't utilize a lot of "advertisement" for my beliefs. That said, I'm by NO means afraid to fly a flag I'm proud of. I'm proud to have earned the title Marine, and I'm a proud patriot and believer in liberty. My vehicle decorations consist of only two....a **** on gun control sticker, and my EGA

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have an INGO sticker and a small Marine Corps emblem on my rear window. Is that likely to get me targeted?
    I'm in fear.

Haha no, I very much doubt it. Infact probably the only gun sticker I'd put on my car would be an INGO one...I doubt anyone who's not in the gun community would even know what it means.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm not only talking about road rage here. My point was stickers could make you a potential target for an anti nut that could potentially ruin your day...I have no idea if anyone has ever done such a thing, I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone else has thought the same or if they think its a plausible scenario.
    Well, I wouldn't put anything past a rabid anti-gunner. However, most aren't so brazen as to commit a crime in the open public. Some might, but few and far between and it would be out of emotional response. As for being a target....wouldn't be the first time. I just don't think it really increases the odds enough to be concerned with it.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you do a quick search on INGO you will see few topics on here.

Top Bottom