• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A couple of things.

First, a nominee of a major party that needs to pick a running mate to shore up HIS OWN BASE, is in trouble.

Second, if you really believe Trump will win this running away because you think everyone else thinks like you do, you need to get out more and experience the world outside. The only reason that Trump is competitive now is the FBI report on the emails. There is plenty of time for Trump's antics to make people forget about the emails.

I'm not saying Trump can't win. I'm admonishing you guys to regard reality. This election is more of a Cluster**** than you realize.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A couple of things.

First, a nominee of a major party that needs to pick a running mate to shore up HIS OWN BASE, is in trouble.

Second, if you really believe Trump will win this running away because you think everyone else thinks like you do, you need to get out more and experience the world outside. The only reason that Trump is competitive now is the FBI report on the emails. There is plenty of time for Trump's antics to make people forget about the emails.

I'm not saying Trump can't win. I'm admonishing you guys to regard reality. This election is more of a Cluster**** than you realize.

Some of us realize. :D ;) (I know you weren't directing this at me.)

Terrorism helps Trump. Anti-police violence helps Trump. The debates will help Trump.

It will not be a landslide by either candidate. He's got a fighter's chance. Which means Pence has a fighter's chance at achieving his goal of becoming president.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "the debates will help Trump."

On Michael Steele's radio program yesterday he made the point that Hillary would be taking a big tisk to debate Trump. Qnd not because Trump is a great debater. She could go on and on and on about her 24 point plan to save the world, and Trump can't debate the fine details of that. And he doesn't have to. All Trump would have to do after she's done extolling her virtues, is to look her in the eyes while leaning to the mic, and say, "You're a LIAR."

And that 24 point detailed plan would be swollowed up by those few words. I think she will be pressured into debating him, and she'll undoubtedly be drilled in handling Trump's shtick. But I'll bet her preference is to sit back and insist that she's not going to dignify a racist by appearing on the same stage.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Between Pence, Gingrich and Christie, Pence is relatively the best.

Christie is a northeastern liberal like Trump.
    Gingrich has some good ideas sometimes but has too much political baggage.
    Pence isn't the greatest, but at least he could help bring in some of the more conservative Republican voters which up to now Trump has thrown under the bus.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There'll be at least 1 debate. She'll have a serious of retorts about how Trump treats women. Our major-party presidential candidate will play the victim card, repeatedly.

If Jerry Springer and PBS had a love child, it would be that debate.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump's trying hard to lose

Seems telling that Trump is more interested in defeating principled conservatives than he is in defeating Hillary.

He couldn't care less about this election.

Trump Twitter said:
    #NeverTrump is never more. They were crushed last night in Cleveland at Rules Committee by a vote of 87-12. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think the number one reason is the same one that kept hilly from picking warren. Presidents don't want a number two that might shine brighter and attract more attention. This has likely been a factor since the presidential candidates started picking their running mates.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Who would have shone brighter than Trump?

Just axing.

I know, I know, asking.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CnavnWjVYAAxJre.jpg:large

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I saw he announced it on Twitter a bit ago... So long as Hillary doesn't win I could care less. As sad as that is.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Seems telling that Trump is more interested in defeating principled conservatives than he is in defeating Hillary.

He couldn't care less about this election.

Dude. Give. It. A. Rest.

'Principled Conservatives' defeated themselves by not having any to offer up

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Dude. Give. It. A. Rest.

'Principled Conservatives' defeated themselves by not having any to offer up

Wait, isn't Ted Cruz the "Principled Conservative"? This election cycle has me confused. Everyone is "Establishment". No one is "Principled" (IN POLITICS!!! I'M SHOCKED!). I can't keep it straight anymore (not that I'm going to be keeping it gay or anything...).

Top Bottom