• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    What do I think? I majored in history and political science. I can't think of a more FUBAR election in the entire history of this country. I'm gonna vote for Trump/Pence. They are both idiots but at least they are GOP idiots. :soapbox:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Take a look in the mirror sir. :) You might be the one that needs to get out a bit?

Oh, I have no trouble seeing beyond the borders of Trumperville. And I have no doubt that Trump will win Indiana running away. But anyone that thinks the rest of the nation will elect Trump in a landslide is not looking at reality.

I mean, think about it. Gary Johnson is polling near 10%! For crying out loud, Gary 1% Johnson! Why do you think that is? I'll repeat this stat again, 81% are afraid of a Hillary OR a Trump presidency. Trump's greatest asset is that he's running against an opponent FBI said lied.

If Trump continually hammers Hillary on her FBI confirmed lies, and stops saying stupid ****, he might be able to win. But unless some new thing comes out that hurts her image even more, I just don't see him running away with it. Not by any stretch. I just don't get why you think Trump is more popular than he is.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think we should start a thread where we all go on the record far a candidate so we can gloat or eat crow after the election, maybe with some friendly wagering if that's kosher with the mods. Who's in?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    New logo for the dumbnamic duo.

13692711_10207287897061295_5909368168657181192_n.jpg

Rotating disk in a flash memory world. Appropriate.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think we should start a thread where we all go on the record far a candidate so we can gloat or eat crow after the election, maybe with some friendly wagering if that's kosher with the mods. Who's in?

I've got a suitable amount of money on Trump losing with a couple friends. By all means, given the two primary candidates... I honestly would rather him beat Hillary... but there's simply no chance.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    If you really believe that, just wow. Yes, last election was a cluster****. But this one pales in comparison. If you really think that, you're drastically overestimating the quality of the GOP presumptive nominee. I'm going by the numbers and not the color of the koolaid everyone around me is drinking.

Almost 60% thinks Hillary broke the law. Her unfavorability is only second to Trump's. Any candidate should be absolutely trouncing Hillary. But Trump can barely keep up. I think at this point, Jeb! or Rubio certainly wouldn't get much support from the base, but given the number of independents who hate Hillary, I don't think that would matter that much. The reason Trump isn't doing better is because people just don't trust him. Trump has less support within his own Party now than Romney did in 2012.

81% of voters are afraid of a Hillary or Trump presidency. I just don't see how much more cluster****ed an election can get!

You present a compelling description of the fubar'edness of this election, which I will not dispute. However, your 81% statistic, which I accept at face value, only illustrates the American Public is finally awake this time around, and not that we were better off last time (...when the tone-deaf GOP presented for the American public's approval an insanely wealthy, Hydrogen-filled paragon of Hedge Fund Wall Street, immediately after Wall Street had just trashed the World Economy).

But I think we've got the deck chairs of the Titanic suitably arranged here, and our Jordan-vs-Lebron debate will accomplish little.

I'm not binary; I'm a Nate Silver empiricist. I gave Romney 25% chance of winning. I'll give Trump 33%. This, on the chance BLM will keep facilitating the killing of police, and the Democrat Party won't figure out a way to pay them off and make it stop.

So, for purposes of this wager, that rounds down to zero.

If I'm wrong, and Trump wins, I agree to pay Jamil a 100-round white box in the standard pistol caliber of his choice, regardless who he chooses. (I considered offering my 50th Anniversary 2-CD set of Kind of Blue, with 2 takes each of Flamenco Sketches and Fran-Dance, and a glossy booklet full of pictures of Miles Davis in tailored pants and half-unbuttoned silk shirts, posing and looking esoteric. But for some unexplained reason I like that one, and besides - Kut assures me he's a fan and already has his copy).

...if that doesn't keep him from voting for Hillary, I'm literally out of ammo on this one
    :dunno:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've got a suitable amount of money on Trump losing with a couple friends. By all means, given the two primary candidates... I honestly would rather him beat Hillary... but there's simply no chance.

How much more money you got to wager?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So when the establishment gives us mcLame and romney we have to stomach it and vote for them....
    When the people pick Trump the usual suspects say we must stop him..... Hummm

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So when the establishment gives us mcLame and romney we have to stomach it and vote for them....
    When the people pick Trump the usual suspects say we must stop him..... Hummm

This is it in a nutshell. I think a lot of these people were "just fine" with Romney, and his positions, and although they claimed to "hold their nose" when voting for him, in truth, he was pretty much exactly what they were looking for on the issues, and just won't admit it. That's why they grouse about "the base" not voting for Romney. Even though that's just false (and in fact, anybody still repeating that almost has to be knowingly spreading a lie). The base voted for Romney pretty much the same as they've voted for any Republican, because they hated Obama. Romney simply couldn't get enough Independents, because he was too rich, and lottery-playing average people can't relate to that. To this day, these people still can't admit that Independents were where Romney failed. They have to keep up the ruse that it was "the base" that wouldn't vote for him, because it reinforces their world view.

Trump's immigration position angers some people, but they will not come on a right-wing forum and admit it, because that's basically advocating against the rule of law. So we get this constant grousing. Enough. It's time for these people to buck up, and do exactly what they advocated everybody else do for Romney four years ago. The fact it's their ox getting gored this time around doesn't change the principle. The people who are "anti-immigration" finally have a "nose-holding candidate" who is acceptable to _them_ for a change...and the moderates who are soft on immigration are simply driven insane by this and can't stand it, and harp on him every chance they get.

The truth is that this nation, and its Presidential elections, have been fubar'ed since at least the year 2000, when Al "internet inventor" Gore won the popular vote. Some people just didn't seem to fully realize that until we had a bombastic, unqualified real estate speculator on the GOP side, running to replace the Community Organizer.

No matter what your "pet" issue is, sooner or later, it's your turn to hold your nose and eat the crap sandwich. The immigration softies are simply getting their turn this time, and now suddenly the shoe is on the other foot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, Trump could apparently still do one thing to get my vote. Accept the nomination, then step down and let Pence take over the campaign.

image.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Circular reasoning. You state "Well, Trump could apparently still do one thing to get my vote" but then set up conditions under which Trump does not get your vote but Pence does

Top Bottom