• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It doesn't sound like it's much more than a press conference in written form, open to the public. Well, except no one gets to ask questions. Isn't it cheaper just to do the actual press conference?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Smith-Mundt of 1948? The Bloom Bill in 1945? Indiana is not the United States State Department.:D

Maybe you mean Pence should have a Voice of Indiana broadcast, beaming messages of freedom and hope to . . . Chicago.:D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am not a big fan of this stuff, but I can sympathize with him likely being annoyed beyond belief at the press constantly getting things wrong. Everything they've used me for has been mis-represented, and I'm a nobody.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think the entire thing is being overblown due to the phrase "state-run news".

Granted, I don't like it. I don't think it's necessary... but it also sounds very, very tame and innocent compared to what people are saying about it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think the entire thing is being overblown due to the phrase "state-run news".

Granted, I don't like it. I don't think it's necessary... but it also sounds very, very tame and innocent compared to what people are saying about it.

Two articles in about 18 hours is overblown? It may sound tame, but that's how it always starts out. This is a waste of money, time and effort on the part of Pence. His administration has already shown they care nothing about any opinion other than theirs. They certainly aren't to be trusted to put out news of what the government is up to. Hell, they censor their Facebook feeds when people disagree with them. They're no better than MDA. Nope. We should be talking about this debacle and demanding he put a stop to it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's wise to be wary of any news any government body puts out. I can understand if the reason is "if we don't set the record straight, we're at the media's mercy"...or something similar; I guess this might be a byproduct of the loss of journalistic integrity among many outlets these days. I see dubious value and have little trust in it but I'm not going to put this at the top of my list of things to worry about, for now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two articles in about 18 hours is overblown? It may sound tame, but that's how it always starts out. This is a waste of money, time and effort on the part of Pence. His administration has already shown they care nothing about any opinion other than theirs. They certainly aren't to be trusted to put out news of what the government is up to. Hell, they censor their Facebook feeds when people disagree with them. They're no better than MDA. Nope. We should be talking about this debacle and demanding he put a stop to it.

"Overblown" being the reactions to it. Speaking mostly of people on Reddit/Twitter, and now INGO. Not the quantity of stories written about it.

Wonder if his niece Nicole Pence will have a part in it. She's made the rounds from WTHR to Fox59, and now a semi-regular in radio (subbing news on the Bob & Tom Show).

"No better than MDA"? C'mon... false equivalence.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    It's wise to be wary of any news any government body puts out. I can understand if the reason is "if we don't set the record straight, we're at the media's mercy"...or something similar; I guess this might be a byproduct of the loss of journalistic integrity among many outlets these days. I see dubious value and have little trust in it but I'm not going to put this at the top of my list of things to worry about, for now.

This will just be one more source of information. I don't accept any media outlets report at face value.
    If Pence was replacing all forms of news reporting with this, then there would be a problem. The hand wringing is unwarranted.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This will just be one more source of information. I don't accept any media outlets report at face value.
    If Pence was replacing all forms of news reporting with this, then there would be a problem. The hand wringing is unwarranted.

Agreed. My other issue is the spending of taxpayer's money to do it. It doesn't sound to be so extravagant now...but a $100,000 here and $100,000 there and pretty soon, it adds up to big money.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    My first thought was wondering how it is different from employees/departments speaking to the press or writing press releases.

Tony Katz claims it is different in that information would be released via this service FIRST before it is given to the media.

I still don't see where that's any different than posting on a state website and giving it to the media at the same time. But I also don't see a reason to spend money making it a separate service. If it's really just "a new look" then it should only mean shifting the duties of the website developers. So color me skeptical.

I'm thinking it could be a nice way for someone who wants to run for president to get a lot of positive things published about his state.

BTW, how is he doing this unilaterally? If it costs money, surely he has to be removing it from some other administrative expense?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    "Overblown" being the reactions to it. Speaking mostly of people on Reddit/Twitter, and now INGO. Not the quantity of stories written about it.

Wonder if his niece Nicole Pence will have a part in it. She's made the rounds from WTHR to Fox59, and now a semi-regular in radio (subbing news on the Bob & Tom Show).

"No better than MDA"? C'mon... false equivalence.

No false equivalence at all. Pence's people routinely edit out dissent on their Facebook feeds. They've been caught red handed doing it. No different than the harridans at MDA. They can't stand someone disagreeing with them and censor those who do.

Top Bottom