• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Also, when you shoot deer try to drain the bladder in a bottle to use. I don't do this in early season but a rutting buck or doe in heat I will try and save as much urine as possible when dressing out.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have killed several deer on the same day as taking a leak off of my stand. Never tried the scrape though its worth a try, I have enough hunting land that if I screw that spot up I can move to another.

If I can't hold the # 2 any longer I get down and move a couple hundred yards away take care of business and go back in. But that's only if I can't take it anymore and if its been a slow day.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Nugent says he likes to drink huge amounts of apple juice for a day or two before a hunt, and pee near the trail ending near the stand. He said it works.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Also, when you shoot deer try to drain the bladder in a bottle to use. I don't do this in early season but a rutting buck or doe in heat I will try and save as much urine as possible when dressing out.
    Easier than draining the bladder is to use a syringe to draw from bladder & transfer to bottle.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I"ll pee on the ground and smoke, never seems to affect my hunts. I watched a doe eat acorns @ 30-40 yards for 2 hours yesterday morning while smoking, never bothered her.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Deer around where we hunt are smarter than, the average deer. I would say they would know the difference. Once the rut fires up in full force,anythings possible.
    Ive had bottled deer urine ,spook deer. My logic is ,why take a chance,its hard enough to take a mature buck. I usually take a 20 oz pop with me anyway.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Deer around where we hunt are smarter than, the average deer. I would say they would know the difference. Once the rut fires up in full force,anythings possible.
    Ive had bottled deer urine ,spook deer. My logic is ,why take a chance,its hard enough to take a mature buck. I usually take a 20 oz pop with me anyway.

You all got deer with degrees? Ive had to put cigarettes down to shoot a deer and Ive shot a deer with a cig in my mouth too. Ive never once seen a deer come up to my wizz spots and not once has a deer took off like a pack of wild dogs were chasing it. I call BS! :koolaid:

Ive also never once bought any camo with scent blocker hokus pokus in it either. I just play the wind. Wanna see the wall in my man cave?

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    some of the best deer hunters i know local, and i have even talked in person to Jean and Barry wensal they all let it fly.. and kill big deer every yr. Barry like to tell a story of him taking a leak right on a deer`s head and the deer must of thought it was raining.. good enough for me.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    Ice been hunting deer for over twenty years. I try to hold my pee until I get to the truck or a body of water.

Then there is always those times you can't hold it. I let her rip as low to the ground as possible. I have had numerous deer stop and walk towrards my peepile way too many times. I don't think it hurts anything. I still try to be a woods ninja and leave nothing besides a blood trail.

EMB145

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I peed three times out of stand yesterday and saw 10 deer, 5 bucks. Only one spike at five yards even hinted of winding me....

have be been doing this for years. I have peed before I have killed all 3 pope and youngs.....

Top Bottom