PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Well I'm calling it a night. @mom45 has the Mod mid-shift tonight it looks like. I'll be back before sunrise to see what our newest plinker has been up to this early AM.
    GREAT!

Looks like this is gonna be short fun. :stickpoke:

(note to @mom45, ) just a few more minutes !!!please!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    200w.gif

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I understand the theory behind the 50 post limit, but not when you’re going to have a sell out price with a fancy little badge to go with it.
    I know that at least one of my forums, agrees with this. Even if you are a site supporter, you have to have your 50. They also require that you continue to be active to stay in the classifieds. So there is no permanent residents of them and no contributing to conversations. That’s why I always found the butthurt comments here pretty humorous.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Closet of your mom’s house.
    Or fork over the $20 and quit whining. You realize this path leads to nowhere good.
    Seems to of lead to some good conversations with that same moderator. It’s not my fault if me being blunt offends you my friend.

I know that at least one of my forums, agrees with this. Even if you are a site supporter, you have to have your 50. They also require that you continue to be active to stay in the classifieds. So there is no permanent residents of them and no contributing to conversations. That’s why I always found the butthurt comments here pretty humorous.
    Absolutely not butthurt, as stated previously I’m just blunt and speak my mind freely. That’s what forums are intended for. I also said I’d get my 50 fair and square with genuine comments, no cheating my way through. If the site fills a niche for me and becomes a regular part of my agenda, I’d be happy to donate, for the pure purpose of donating to a commodity I use, my statement is to imply I’m not going to pay a donation to a site I’d use once or twice to buy a gun and then get no use out of the site afterwards.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seems to of lead to some good conversations with that same moderator. It’s not my fault if me being blunt offends you my friend.

Absolutely not butthurt, as stated previously I’m just blunt and speak my mind freely. That’s what forums are intended for. I also said I’d get my 50 fair and square with genuine comments, no cheating my way through. If the site fills a niche for me and becomes a regular part of my agenda, I’d be happy to donate, for the pure purpose of donating to a commodity I use, my statement is to imply I’m not going to pay a donation to a site I’d use once or twice to buy a gun and then get no use out of the site afterwards.
    One of the problems with the interwebz. Unless you know a guy, sometimes you don't know how to take someone's comment.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    One of the problems with the interwebz. Unless you know a guy, sometimes you don't know how to take someone's comment.
    Amen to that. Speaking on topic though, any good recommendations on what threads/topics to frequent? I’ve dabbled a little here and there while getting to know the two admins from above (both seem like great people, me and mom will be best friends in 4 months and 12 days now, it’s written in the sand in Uganda) but haven’t found any deep debates or solid topics as of yet that I can really involve myself in.

((For clarification as some people thought my previous comment implied I know @mom45 IRL. The comment of becoming best friends in X amount of time is a joke, one I will continue running until she confesses her undying friendship to me. I do not know her personally))

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Amen to that. Speaking on topic though, any good recommendations on what threads/topics to frequent? I’ve dabbled a little here and there while getting to know the two admins from above (both seem like great people, me and mom will be best friends in 4 months and 12 days now, it’s written in the sand in Uganda) but haven’t found any deep debates or solid topics as of yet that I can really involve myself in.

((For clarification as some people thought my previous comment implied I know @mom45 IRL. The comment of becoming best friends in X amount of time is a joke, one I will continue running until she confesses her undying friendship to me. I do not know her personally))
    Group dynamics are a real thing. Like @Expat said losing the non-verbal communication as we do here can create problems.

So what's the story with your avatar?

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Group dynamics are a real thing. Like @Expat said losing the non-verbal communication as we do here can create problems.

So what's the story with your avatar?
    Fond memories. MEPS is where in feel like life started for me, I had the pleasure of going back recently as I’m actively reenlisting. Snapped a photo of the new welcome Mat as it made me feel at home. (Also one of the only photos you’ll get of MEPS as after the welcome mat you go through security and are required to lock your phone up, as past that check point is considered confidential)

(Just in case anyone here doesn’t know, MEPS stands for the Military Entrance Processing Station, it’s Where all new and former soldiers go to complete their enlistment process.)

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Do you own a bicycle and what are your thoughts on HOA’s?
    I do, bought a mountain bike last year. And if we’re talking about home owner association, I think they’re funny as hell. I spent $335k on my house and live in an HOA, I make sure I’m their absolute worst nightmare. If I’m going to work this hard to buy a house this expensive, why on gracious gods green earth would I let a bunch of Karen’s tell me I can’t hang a army flag, or that my grass lines have to be at a 45 degree angle facing east, or what color door can lead into my house (actual “violations” I’ve gotten from my HOA, little to say I’ve made sure each was met with the proper response)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Here is what I do, I click on the drop down by What's New and click New Posts. That is a list of the latest posts. Look through the list to see if there is anything I am interested in from the title (I know). Then give some of my lofty thoughts (I along with a couple of others on here are almost always either joking or being sarcastic). If you have something that interests you, you can also just create your own thread.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    Here is what I do, I click on the drop down by What's New and click New Posts. That is a list of the latest posts. Look through the list to see if there is anything I am interested in from the title (I know). Then give some of my lofty thoughts (I along with a couple of others on here are almost always either joking or being sarcastic). If you have something that interests you, you can also just create your own thread.
    Thanks for the insight. I’ll give it a go and see what I can find.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    I do, bought a mountain bike last year. And if we’re talking about home owner association, I think they’re funny as hell. I spent $335k on my house and live in an HOA, I make sure I’m their absolute worst nightmare. If I’m going to work this hard to buy a house this expensive, why on gracious gods green earth would I let a bunch of Karen’s tell me I can’t hang a army flag, or that my grass lines have to be at a 45 degree angle facing east, or what color door can lead into my house (actual “violations” I’ve gotten from my HOA, little to say I’ve made sure each was met with the proper response)
    I think this one's going to fit in well here

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I've been on both sides of that a few times. Human dialogue has too many nuances to be contained within text. There was one time I almost got into it with a member named after a popular 6.5mm rifle cartridge because the words and "tone" were similar to how people who have done me wrong in the past have talked down to me. Of course he had no way of knowing that, and explained that wasn't the way the text was intended, so that situation resolved peacefully.

Reapingxranger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2024
    I've been on both sides of that a few times. Human dialogue has too many nuances to be contained within text. There was one time I almost got into it with a member named after a popular 6.5mm rifle cartridge because the words and "tone" were similar to how people who have done me wrong in the past have talked down to me. Of course he had no way of knowing that, and explained that wasn't the way the text was intended, so that situation resolved peacefully.
    One question, and one question only.

Why’s your profile picture look like my future ex wife? And does she have a sister?

Two questions my bad.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I’d be happy to donate, for the pure purpose of donating to a commodity I use
    Some here consider the $20 the price for some of the entertainment. From trolls telling the mods to go screw themselves and getting nuked from orbit, to hearing about the awkward story when someone at the range put their hands down their pants after asking if the member liked oddities (see @BehindBlueI's sig line).

I already got my $20 worth of entertainment for this year alone.

Top Bottom