PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does kind of suck when you been a member for 3 years and still can't PM somebody. Oh well. Rules are rules I guess

It sometimes makes me smile when I see these things said. Sometimes.....:):

Hey brother....the whole 50 post thing may well go up when the site gets upgraded to a new operating system. This is being discussed.
    The reason being is we need to actually get to know you not just watch to see if you post a crap load of one liners to make your 50. To feel at ease making a deal for a gun on line with someone you may have never actually met but you can look at what they post and possibly some feed back can and does put a person at ease.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Hey brother....the whole 50 post thing may well go up when the site gets upgraded to a new operating system. This is being discussed.
    The reason being is we need to actually get to know you not just watch to see if you post a crap load of one liners to make your 50. To feel at ease making a deal for a gun on line with someone you may have never actually met but you can look at what they post and possibly some feed back can and does put a person at ease.

Can't wait to see those: The 100 post rule sucks because I just made it to 50 after 6yrs and have been a member since INGO started.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can't wait to see those: The 100 post rule sucks because I just made it to 50 after 6yrs and have been a member since INGO started.

There may be a site support change as well. One more petulant child response and I will be on board with a total pay to play thing but don't panic people. Just be kind to the staff. Simple as that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Price changes?

Nope. Access to the classies. Lots of things being discussed. Nothing in stone.
    The members that go nuts over a warning are usually Classies squatters with 51 posts, no support banner a crap long string of WTS with all the old ads left open.
    Call them on it and I am told they are long time members. Longer than me. So why am I jumping on them and blah blah blah blah blah. You just have no idea.

Then we get some of the most polite responses from folks that actually have some grace. Most of those warnings/infractions are rescinded. People do make mistakes. I do every freaking day. But how we respond to those mistakes has weight. We are weeding out the squatters as I type.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The members that go nuts over a warning are usually Classies squatters with 51 posts, no support banner a crap long string of WTS with all the old ads left open.
    Call them on it and I am told they are long time members. Longer than me. So why am I jumping on them and blah blah blah blah blah. You just have no idea.

Then we get some of the most polite responses from folks that actually have some grace. Most of those warnings/infractions are rescinded. People do make mistakes. I do every freaking day. But how we respond to those mistakes has weight. We are weeding out the squatters as I type.

I seen you guys sharing those stories in the emails to admin and here. Makes sense to me and those of us who know the real power of INGO. I know for our youth shoots if I only had 50 some posts and was asking for donations for our shirts people would be leary of donating if they couldn't see my history.

IronHammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2017
    SW Indiana

Hey, no problem here. I totally get it. You want to be sure the freeloaders aren't taking advantage. I was venting a little is all. I'm happy to keep on keeping on. I'll try to be more active around here and contribute. We are in this together.

Cheers!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, no problem here. I totally get it. You want to be sure the freeloaders aren't taking advantage. I was venting a little is all. I'm happy to keep on keeping on. I'll try to be more active around here and contribute. We are in this together.

Cheers!

Looking forward to it. We need voices. Even the nuts add something to the mix.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And I spoke too soon. Another squatter stepped on his manhood.
    Seriously people. We talk about this in open forum all the time but these members never see it.
    Ugh.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I wouldnt complain if it were site supporter PLUS minimum number of posts per year outside the classifieds. And that would have to be a number far and above what a cheater could generate with the occasional one liner that just fills up the hard drive

. Pay but dont leave classies? No good. This aint Armslist. Just want to buy and sell and not play on the rest of the playground? Go to armslist, et al.

And I spoke too soon. Another squatter stepped on his manhood.
    Seriously people. We talk about this in open forum all the time but these members never see it.
    Ugh.

Good riddance.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I wouldnt complain if it were site supporter PLUS minimum number of posts per year outside the classifieds. And that would have to be a number far and above what a cheater could generate with the occasional one liner that just fills up the hard drive

. Pay but dont leave classies? No good. This aint Armslist. Just want to buy and sell and not play on the rest of the playground? Go to armslist, et al.

Good riddance.
    Agreed. Well said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom