PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Oh that would suck. Really bad timing. Hopefully they have it fixed in short order.
    Fixed Saturday about noon. Under warranty.
    The tech that showed up was the owner of the company. He was a long time friend of my wife's. He also has a musical instrument shop, wife had his children in her High School classes.

Don

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fixed Saturday about noon. Under warranty.
    The tech that showed up was the owner of the company. He was a long time friend of my wife's. He also has a musical instrument shop, wife had his children in her High School classes.

Don

Well, for what it's worth, while feeling sorry for you in that 95 degree weather without AC, I was freezing in my basement because the thermostat is on the main floor. There's not great circulation between the floors, so the basement is not well regulated. But that probably belongs in the first world problem thread.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Thanks J....Our 4 year old AC went out yesterday, it was 94 in the house when we went to bed last night. They are coming this morning to fix it.......:runaway:

Don

My daughter's 4 year old air conditioner went out and was fixed under warranty. She's also a teacher. Parallel universe.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My 25 yr old AC is still getting the job done. Never had anything but routine maintenace.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My 25 yr old AC is still getting the job done. Never had anything but routine maintenace.
    Our AC is from 1995 or 1996...can't remember at what point it was installed during construction...but has worked fine with annual maintenance as well. We feel pretty lucky at this point.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple of spare capacitors, contactors, and thermostats. New fan motor and coils cleaned. I may be without air for 20 minutes if something breaks.:thumbsup:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Try buying these parts locally when you have to have them. If you have the license so these guys will sell to you, a $20 part will cost you $45.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When I hit 50 messages on my account, does the sale forum automatically unlock? Or do I have to do something? I'm almost there.
    Yes. but pump the brakes. I just deleted a few one liners of yours for not being quality posts. Your now confessed run to 50 is apparent looking at the newest posts list.

From the rules:

This policy is in place to help weed out scammers/spammers and gives our members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member. Do not attempt to gain access to the classifieds by posting a bunch of "one-liners". That will not work. Thank you and enjoy the classifieds!

You need to slow down. just getting 50 posts by any means is not the point of the 50 post rule.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    Yes. but pump the brakes. I just deleted a few one liners of yours for not being quality posts. Your now confessed run to 50 is apparent looking at the newest posts list.

From the rules:

This policy is in place to help weed out scammers/spammers and gives our members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member. Do not attempt to gain access to the classifieds by posting a bunch of "one-liners". That will not work. Thank you and enjoy the classifieds!

You need to slow down. just getting 50 posts by any means is not the point of the 50 post rule.
    Ok, I replied to a couple posts on this show and tell threads but I guess I thought that was the point of those threads. My other posts usually contain either photos or discussion. IMy bad

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No worries. For example your Bass and Bucks one liner, cool.

But the several one word posts are a no-go. Pace yourself grasshopper.Allow me to be brutally honest. No offense intended.

If the shiny is calling your name and you dont want to miss out on it, just become a site supporter and contact the seller. If you are wanting to unload gear and just cant wait, you'll make up the $20 quickly.

Now if you pay the $20 site supporter fee, you can post all the one liners you want. Otherwise, wait until you get past 50 for the "cool" and "nice:" posts.

BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    No worries. For example your Bass and Bucks one liner, cool.

But the several one word posts are a no-go. Pace yourself grasshopper.Allow me to be brutally honest. No offense intended.

If the shiny is calling your name and you dont want to miss out on it, just become a site supporter and contact the seller. If you are wanting to unload gear and just cant wait, you'll make up the $20 quickly.

Now if you pay the $20 site supporter fee, you can post all the one liners you want. Otherwise, wait until you get past 50 for the "cool" and "nice:" posts.
    Fair enough, that at least answers any questions I had. Thank you.
    I'm not really looking to move a bunch of product, I just have one specific trade I'm looking to find, and facebook shut down all our secret trade and sell groups, so I was recommended to come check out this place by a friend.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm not really looking to move a bunch of product, I just have one specific trade I'm looking to find, and facebook shut down all our secret trade and sell groups, so I was recommended to come check out this place by a friend.
    Honesty, and humility, go a long ways around here. At least to begin with, before the snark and sarcasm starts in. You'd be amazed at the number of people that are "offended" by the instructions given. It really can be a community if you want it to be.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No worries. Thanks for being a grown a** man and not having a hissyfit. LOL (you'd be surprised how many man-childs freak out when we tell them no. LOL )

Remember, this place is a community with a classifieds section for contributing members. This isnt Armslist. The great thing about this place is community. So Im sure you will understand why we are so protective of it. Many people here know each other in the real and hang out and shoot together.

So if you see what you want in the classifieds now, just pony up the site supporter fee* and buy it. Otherwise, hang out, post slowly and methodically with well thought out posts and you'll be at 50 within a week. Guaranteed. And without any effort! And you'll be ready when that thing you are looking for pops up. I think I had my 50 in about 5 days back in the day.

*and no, mods like myself are volunteers. We dont get a cut of that. We just like to see our beloved community thrive... running a message board server isnt cheap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom