PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Will do. I completely forgot about the forum (I’ve always been a social media group type) and still finding out how all this works. I’m guessing it’s better with a computer as my phone makes it feel clunky. I at least wish I could message people as there’s a classified post from someone in my same county and there’s not too many of us with his taste in firearms. Would love to message and offer to link up.
    There is always the site supporter route. :dunno:

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    "They" in this case would be me. I have an incredibly subjective, yet low standard concerning what is and what is not a quality post.

Post anywhere you want (except for the classifeds.) I apply the same incredibly subjective, yet low standard across the board.
    Sorry for the rookie request but would you mind messaging me as I can’t find a way to message you. I don’t want to cause “issues” but am genuinely wondering why all of my posts are getting deleted. I get why my post on this thread wasn’t considered quality but have no idea why other posts are. If there are threads asking what people are listening to and everyone is sharing YouTube videos and names of bands, idk why mine is being deleted. Why can’t I answer the question like everyone else?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Things got weird in here

Sorry for the rookie request but would you mind messaging me as I can’t find a way to message you. I don’t want to cause “issues” but am genuinely wondering why all of my posts are getting deleted. I get why my post on this thread wasn’t considered quality but have no idea why other posts are. If there are threads asking what people are listening to and everyone is sharing YouTube videos and names of bands, idk why mine is being deleted. Why can’t I answer the question like everyone else?
    Read through a few different threads and you'll quickly get the idea.
    Subject matters not.
    A lot of times, content doesn't mean a lot, but you must engage with other members.
    If you start reading at the very beginning of this thread, and then consider that this is part 2 ( this topic has been around a while), you'll get the picture.
    Develop tough skin, if you don't have it already, and jump in.
    We are a perfectly functioning dysfunctional community.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    Read through a few different threads and you'll quickly get the idea.
    Subject matters not.
    A lot of times, content doesn't mean a lot, but you must engage with other members.
    If you start reading at the very beginning of this thread, and then consider that this is part 2 ( this topic has been around a while), you'll get the picture.
    Develop tough skin, if you don't have it already, and jump in.
    We are a perfectly functioning dysfunctional community.
    I have plenty thick skin but am trying to figure out how there are threads with tons of comments asking what music people are listening to, what gun parts were bought today, etc and simply answering the question is getting me flagged. Just trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong or what the point is in responding to threads.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The key is "quality posts." One liners are not considered quality posts. At least not at your level. Once you reach 50 we dont care how "quality" your posts are.

The reason for the quality posts is to prevent somebody from "making a run to the classifieds" by posting a bunch of useless quick one liners.

A quality post should contribute to the conversation, not just being a "yes man" or otherwise posting a quick comment that doesnt invoke thought.

We want to get to know you. To understand you as a person and the type of person you are. Because this isnt a classified site. Its a forum with a classified section as a perk for contributing members. Armslist we are not. The key is you can trade here safely because you know the type of person you are dealing with based on their post history. You can look at a person's post history and get a feel for the type of person they are. Its a trust thing.

And like I said before. If you just cant post 50 quality posts, pay to become a site supporter and it bypasses the need for 50 quality posts. But understand some people wont trade with those folks with no real post history because they dont have a real history.

Bottom line, its nothing personal.

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    The key is "quality posts." One liners are not considered quality posts. At least not at your level. Once you reach 50 we dont care how "quality" your posts are.

The reason for the quality posts is to prevent somebody from "making a run to the classifieds" by posting a bunch of useless quick one liners.

A quality post should contribute to the conversation, not just being a "yes man" or otherwise posting a quick comment that doesnt invoke thought.

We want to get to know you. To understand you as a person and the type of person you are. Because this isnt a classified site. Its a forum with a classified section as a perk for contributing members. Armslist we are not. The key is you can trade here safely because you know the type of person you are dealing with based on their post history. You can look at a person's post history and get a feel for the type of person they are. Its a trust thing.

And like I said before. If you just cant post 50 quality posts, pay to become a site supporter and it bypasses the need for 50 quality posts. But understand some people wont trade with those folks with no real post history because they dont have a real history.

Bottom line, its nothing personal.
    Now that makes tons more sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is my first forum as I spend all my time on FB groups (DFC, HTS, MTS, GBW, and countless others). When a post gets flagged or removed there it’s for a violation.

thought I was doing something wrong here or breaking some rule. Now I know that until I have 50 thought provoking and super engaging comments, my comments will be scrutinized. After the 50 I can answer questions without being deleted.

Thanks again. Signed up a while back but have less than a few hours on here. Crazy to see people sending me messages or texting me bc they are already seeing my comments and they have background of courses or at least range trips with me, have bought and sold with each other, etc. Guess I’ll get to see how small the world is.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have plenty thick skin but am trying to figure out how there are threads with tons of comments asking what music people are listening to, what gun parts were bought today, etc and simply answering the question is getting me flagged. Just trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong or what the point is in responding to threads.
    O.k.
    I'll try to explain.

"I listened to the Grateful Dead today"
    "My last purchase was an AR mag"

The above are examples of what is known as one-liners. A minimalist post with only generic information.

On the other hand,
    "One of my favorite musicians is Charlie Daniels. I just love the song the Dew Drop Inn.
    Every time I hear it I get a mental picture of him doing donuts in the gravel chasing the rednecks around the parking lot."

Or,
    "I got a great deal on P mags at PSA during their weekend special.
    Picked up a 10 pack of 30 round mags and 200 rounds of .223 for $***"

See the difference?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now that makes tons more sense to me. Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is my first forum as I spend all my time on FB groups (DFC, HTS, MTS, GBW, and countless others). When a post gets flagged or removed there it’s for a violation.

thought I was doing something wrong here or breaking some rule. Now I know that until I have 50 thought provoking and super engaging comments, my comments will be scrutinized. After the 50 I can answer questions without being deleted.

Thanks again. Signed up a while back but have less than a few hours on here. Crazy to see people sending me messages or texting me bc they are already seeing my comments and they have background of courses or at least range trips with me, have bought and sold with each other, etc. Guess I’ll get to see how small the world is.
    Now this is a quality post.
    It won't take long.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And to put a finer point on it, after 50 this post would be OK, but likely deleted below 50 from the thread about the new question on the 4473:

"That's the way I understand it, I can build a burm and plink in the suburbs. But I can hear Marion County Fish and Game from my house."

But this would not be considered bad.

"Indy is a no brainer. If county=Marion the answer is YES.

The only time city limits are referenced these days refers to the ability to discharge a firearm lawfully in Marion County. If you are outside of the OLD city limits (pre unigov, good luck finding that map) you may discharge a firearm. Other than that, if you are in Marion County, you are within the city limits."

If it takes you less than a minute to compose, its probably not "quality".

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    O.k.
    I'll try to explain.

"I listened to the Grateful Dead today"
    "My last purchase was an AR mag"

The above are examples of what is known as one-liners. A minimalist post with only generic information.

On the other hand,
    "One of my favorite musicians is Charlie Daniels. I just love the song the Dew Drop Inn.
    Every time I hear it I get a mental picture of him doing donuts in the gravel chasing the rednecks around the parking lot."

Or,
    "I got a great deal on P mags at PSA during their weekend special.
    Picked up a 10 pack of 30 round mags and 200 rounds of .223 for $***"

See the difference?
    Definitely see the difference and it helped seeing cameramonkeys response. Totally get it. Seeing notifications of them being deleted made me think it was some violation, I was breaking some rule, etc. I just didn’t want to be a thorn in admins side so I was trying to see what I was doing wrong.

Charlie Daniel’s is ok… had a great hit that everyone knows but overall, not my fav.

Pmags are my go to but every now and then I’ll run an Emag just to see the confusion on some peoples face and field the questions about it.

On a side note, I see you’re a Lafayette local. I’m up that way a fair amount and have some guys from some FB groups that live up that way and want to link up. Seems like a good number of shooters your way.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Definitely see the difference and it helped seeing cameramonkeys response. Totally get it. Seeing notifications of them being deleted made me think it was some violation, I was breaking some rule, etc. I just didn’t want to be a thorn in admins side so I was trying to see what I was doing wrong.

Charlie Daniel’s is ok… had a great hit that everyone knows but overall, not my fav.

Pmags are my go to but every now and then I’ll run an Emag just to see the confusion on some peoples face and field the questions about it.

On a side note, I see you’re a Lafayette local. I’m up that way a fair amount and have some guys from some FB groups that live up that way and want to link up. Seems like a good number of shooters your way.
    Now you're getting the hang of it. But I suggest branching out into other threads with this newfound understanding. Hanging here belaboring the topic starts to stray from quality, regardless of how many sentences you type. ;)

Oh, and if you havent read the forum and classifieds rules, take a minute to do so. the links are in my signature. A lot of this is covered there,

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Two, no, three reasons. (I just scrolled up, my counterpart @Cameramonkey 's reply was much better than mine will be.)

First, you are a member with less than 50 "quality" posts, and are not a site supporter. Link below has the classifieds rules. As a staff member here at INGO, the rules come up from time to time.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...assifieds-you-must-read-before-posting.36372/

Second, I have an incredibly subjective, yet low standard concerning what is and what is not a quality post. It's a low standard, but it's my standard. If you're over 50 quality posts or a site supporter? My low standard on quality posts no longer applies.

Third, you created a fairly high number of posts in a very short period of time, while having less than 50 quality posts and not being a site supporter. You've gotten the attention of at least three staff members.

I've been a Mod here for a while now. I've seen, A LOT. Last August a guy tried to insult his way to 50 posts. He got banned, by me. I actually banned someone we believe was a fed because no one else would've created a sale ad that had that much illegality otherwise.

In the last few weeks the staff has been busier than I've ever seen. Keep it between the ditches and there will be no problem.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Keep it between the ditches and there will be no problem.
    Wait, there’s two of me?!?

One time I came home from work and wife asked how the day was, I responded it could have been better, I just wish there was two of me. She didn’t miss a beat and said if there was two of me I’d get what I deserved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom