• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

A few US police agencies have sent officers to Paris for the Olympics.
    I've seen NYPD, LAPD and Fairfax County so far.

453404388_811618204413394_3162959256871135818_n.jpg
    This seems out of place. They sent the cops AND their cruisers over? That seems a bit excessive.

On one hand, this doesnt make sense and makes me wonder if this is a stock photo/b-roll that accidentally got mixed in. On the other hand, I could see them waste tons of money flying their cars over with them.

And his duty radio would probably be worthless over there.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This seems out of place. They sent the cops AND their cruisers over? That seems a bit excessive.

On one hand, this doesnt make sense and makes me wonder if this is a stock photo/b-roll that accidentally got mixed in. On the other hand, I could see them waste tons of money flying their cars over with them.

I wonder if it isn't a repro made for the event and why the officer is checking it out. I mean, why would he be interested in his own car like a tourist? I doubt LAPD has any CVPIs in service, and if so it'd be really surprising for it to be in that good of a condition. The rifles inside are also suspect, given I doubt US domestic law enforcement gets any consideration for importation of weapons into France. Makes me think it's a prop/repro, but I of course don't know for sure.

As far as the radio, it's possible to just issue a loaner while there *but* the current digital radios can be reprogrammed to whatever frequencies you want pretty quickly. You can add a "bank" of channels with no issue then reprogram it back to the original "bank" just as easily.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wonder if it isn't a repro made for the event and why the officer is checking it out. I mean, why would he be interested in his own car like a tourist? I doubt LAPD has any CVPIs in service, and if so it'd be really surprising for it to be in that good of a condition. The rifles inside are also suspect, given I doubt US domestic law enforcement gets any consideration for importation of weapons into France. Makes me think it's a prop/repro, but I of course don't know for sure.

As far as the radio, it's possible to just issue a loaner while there *but* the current digital radios can be reprogrammed to whatever frequencies you want pretty quickly. You can add a "bank" of channels with no issue then reprogram it back to the original "bank" just as easily.

yes.
    the change in tech is amazing with radios.
    I remember changing crystals, and tuning multiple 'stages' of the radio.
    It was a pain in the butt.

Now... plug it into the computer, and hit "send"

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Reactions: oze

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Equestrian jumping qualifications are on.

I am certain that one horse needs chromosome testing!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

You know what's up. A true detective. :thumbsup:

It's an old US cop car imported in France and used for movies/TV.

They have a Charger and a Ford Explorer as well.

20230714-152931-tmp-64b14dbb9bdcd.jpg

The owner is actually a French police officer. He drives it around Paris while wearing a replica LAPD uniform (not illegal since it's not a French agency).
    The guns are movie props but real foreign LEOs get to bring their service pistols into France. Not sure if they also bring long guns. :dunno:

They often get pulled over by French cop.
    Having lights and sirens on a civilian vehicle is not supposed to be legal

90eb53fc3703632eb53fc370356eb5v.png

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Yes it's a movie prop but some countries actually brought their own vehicles to Paris.
    Cops from over 34 countries are in Paris at the moment.
    The state of Qatar came with several armored police vehicles.

WhatsApp-Image-2024-07-12-at-14.49.53.jpeg

20240712_1720783049-796.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm not sure which of us is the evil twin, but the sergeant and I look a lot alike. I showed it to my wife and she did a double take.
    Did you have a great-great-great uncle go west never to be heard from again? Looks like he made it to Cali.

Top Bottom