Palmettos a no go with suppressors on there rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    It'd be interested to know the size rods bought to cover what calibers?

Also procedure for checking straightness and how to straighten.

:ingo:
    Here's a link to the buying guide I used. I haven't got a chance to try them out yet but it seems to have worked for several people I've seen reference it:

My specific process is probably going to be out of reach for most.

I work in a Tool and Die shop so I indicated them between v-blocks. Then I just rolled them to the high side and pushed down on the high spots until they straightened out. It's pretty basic and once you get the feel for it, it goes pretty quick.

I also had time to kill so I chamfered the ends and laser engraved the size and calibers on them lol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here's a link to the buying guide I used. I haven't got a chance to try them out yet but it seems to have worked for several people I've seen reference it:

My specific process is probably going to be out of reach for most.

I work in a Tool and Die shop so I indicated them between v-blocks. Then I just rolled them to the high side and pushed down on the high spots until they straightened out. It's pretty basic and once you get the feel for it, it goes pretty quick.

I also had time to kill so I chamfered the ends and laser engraved the size and calibers on them lol

I see an oportunity for you here, my friend! What could you get for sets dressed out like yours in 5.56, 9mm and .308?

:scratch:

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I see an oportunity for you here, my friend! What could you get for sets dressed out like yours in 5.56, 9mm and .308?

:scratch:
    The thought had crossed my mind. I'm already working plenty of O/T though so I think it'd end up eating up what little free time I do have. Plus I have my concerns over liability as well. Even if I added some kind of disclaimer to absolve myself, I'd still feel awful if someone ended up with a baffle strike or trashed can due to my negligence or mistake. It might be something to think about though if we ever slow down again at work.

I've seen a guy over on Reddit who makes and sells the rods using the ones I posted earlier. I've never inquired about his prices though. I'd guess they're less than 'official' rods made by other companies. I'm not sure if he's still making the kits though. Last time I saw them was about a year ago I think.

Here's a link to his profile: https://www.reddit.com/user/dudas91/

Top Bottom