• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It seems to me that American politics is one endeavor in which the qualifications and skills needed to get the job are often not the same as those required to actually do the job.

And, in some cases doing the job well can lead to you being unceremoniously "fired" from that job.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    One reason that I think Palin get's so much support, and so much criticism is that she's like a back-up quarterback in the NFL. She's been good in practice, and always a popular interview, but she's never been in the big game where you have to actually show the fans what you're capable of doing, or not.

That same dynamic put Obama in the White House, and it turns out , once he did get in the game, contrary to the media reports, he failed to impress.

I disagree. By most accounts, she was a good mayor and a popular populist governor. We can argue over whether or not she should have resigned from the governorship of Alaska, but I thought her given reasons were at least plausible. So in that respect, she's proven her ability to both get elected and to govern a state, which is more than most of her political detractors have accomplished. She knows how to motivate people and she espouses values that are in agreement with many others of the populace; that she's "folksy" in her manner doesn't make her unique among national politicians, even successful ones. You folks who so easily dismiss her as "stupid" seldom back up your opinions with concrete reasons why; you just assume everyone will either agree with you or will be just as "stupid" as you feel she is. Especially after the dreck we're having to stand for between 2009 and 2017, I wouldn't mind having someone who expresses her ideals and campaigns for like-minded politicians with the same zeal in the top Executive position of the land.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I disagree. By most accounts, she was a good mayor and a popular populist governor. We can argue over whether or not she should have resigned from the governorship of Alaska, but I thought her given reasons were at least plausible. So in that respect, she's proven her ability to both get elected and to govern a state, which is more than most of her political detractors have accomplished. She knows how to motivate people and she espouses values that are in agreement with many others of the populace; that she's "folksy" in her manner doesn't make her unique among national politicians, even successful ones. You folks who so easily dismiss her as "stupid" seldom back up your opinions with concrete reasons why; you just assume everyone will either agree with you or will be just as "stupid" as you feel she is. Especially after the dreck we're having to stand for between 2009 and 2017, I wouldn't mind having someone who expresses her ideals and campaigns for like-minded politicians with the same zeal in the top Executive position of the land.

I never called her stupid, and I never suggested that the people who support her are stupid (although the law of averages would tell us that some are).

I said she was nuts and I said she was hilarious, and I believe I suggested that she was vindictive. I stand by those opinions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Again....Bingo

Those who laugh at her are not offering up good reasons for it. No one agrees 100% with anyone. Most politicians are A$$ Hats.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never called her stupid, and I never suggested that the people who support her are stupid (although the law of averages would tell us that some are).

I said she was nuts and I said she was hilarious, and I believe I suggested that she was vindictive. I stand by those opinions.

Being Vindictive is a female trait. Or so it seems.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Palin was the best qualified? Oh geez. She didn't even serve ONE full term as governor. She has a history of leaving people "holding the bag," which is a quality I'd rather not see in a chief executive.

Best qualified for what?

She was a party nomination for Vice President.

Now, we could go back to how the position was to be filled under the Constituion. I am for that process.

Nonetheless, I am interested in your position.

Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    Yes! ^^^^^

Top Bottom