Pacers Might Leave Town If They Don't Get Public Assistance?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Your republican mayor already has a solution for this, according to a few sources. He apparently is planning on taking a large chunk from the sale of your water company and applying it to the CIB's woes. Way to go!

That's because Ballard is lead around by the nose by Bob Grand (think of Ballard as "The Gimp" from Pulp Fiction) who uses the CIB as his little piggy bank and Ballard as his 'ho. Indianapolis politics is one big swindle after swindle of public funds.

Let them go, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    My wife got some free Pacers tickets through work this season. I went to two of the games and I can attest that the team was a pathetic spectacle at best. Both games they got clobbered (Mavericks, Hawks), and you could almost hear a pin drop in the arena. The intermissions where they have the guy come out and get the crowd hyped up was pretty funny because he wouldn't get any reaction at all. So many empty seats. Neither game did we stay the whole time.

The Pacers organization is a giant :poop:. If they propose to spend one penny of taxpayer money to keep the Pacers in town there should be mass protests.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Can't say I care to see the Pacers go as I lost interest in the NBA a long time ago. Also, the NBA as a whole is losing money in many markets and is not doing the right things to bring the fan base back and to make them care about the game anymore.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    i used to be a big pacers fan, Im talking pre brawl days. I stopped watching them after they handed coaching over to issah thomas, that man was what helped to begin the demise of the pacers, but not just him, The upper managment sucks, im sorry but 3.50 for a bottle of water is just ridiculous. I miss Reggie Miller, Rick Smits, Jalen Rose, Derrick Cope, the Davis boys, Mark Jackson Chris Mullins, just to name a few. they may not have been champions, but they played the game and played it with dignity. and they would take time out of pregame warm ups to bring kids out onto the court and help them with some tips to improve their game, dont see that anymore.

So yeah, cya later Pacers!!! Ive been turning down your freebie tickets since 04, have fun

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Take the colts with you too. It's funny that the attitude on here is generally the opposite when it comes to the welfare the colts receive.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    This is a joke. The Pacers don't exactly have leverage because other cities aren't foaming at the mouth for the NBA like they do with the NFL. There isn't really a bigger market to move to. Seattle would be the only option I can think of. I know people are sick and tired of sports teams holding cities hostage. They don't deserve another dime. Indianapolis already funded their new arena 10 years ago.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    See ya later if you ask me.

I like it when they built Lucas Oil Stadium but then later started crying because it cost twice as much or whatever to operate as the RCA Dome.......... um DUH! If you build a building that is twice as big chances are it will cost twice as much to operate....... and to think those people have buisness degrees Im sure........

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    And don't be trying to pass this along to the State as a whole. May of us outside the Indy metro area have no interest in your teams down there much less helping to keep them up. I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

This, precisely. I don't give three damns about Indianapolis OR its worthless sports teams...

My tax dollars going to fund the ********* Pacers? You people have GOT to be kidding me.

THAT could be why I loathe government stealing from me - its uses for my money are pathetic.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sports teams (starting with the NBA, but I believe spreading to MLB and NFL) are going to have to accept a simple fact. If you haven't killed your sport yet, you are working hard at it. You have increased ticket prices so much that people with families can not attend. If you keep losing these young people as fans, who do you think is going to continue to support the teams. Second you have a bunch of thugs in your sport. That also scares off your historical base. The players are way over paid and act like spoiled brats. Then you have the gall to demand jack from the public. Please.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The more things change....

[STRIKE]GO COLTS! Take Mayor Peterson with you![/STRIKE]

GO PACERS! Take Mayor Ballard with you!:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

What's worse than corporate welfare? Corporate welfare for a GAME.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe if the pacers feel they can get a welfare check from another city we should bid them farewell.
    Are those surrounding businesses going to complain? Adios to them too.
    There's only one good restaurant nearby and the pacer crowd doesn't go there.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    does anyone even watch the pacers after the Detroit brawl? The team sucks, NBA is more overpayed than the NFL (and that's saying something) and not even a fraction as entertaining. Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, Good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I havent been a NBA fan since the era of Reggie Miller left. As far as Im concerned they can go to whoever if anyone wants them. No need for them to live off our dime. I feel the same way about the Lucas Oil Stadium, Im a Colts fan but not a fan of tax payers funding that crap. Jerry Jones is a example sports temas should live bye!!!!

LATA PACERS!!!!! Can we get a NHL team to replace them!!!!??????

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    I havent been a NBA fan since the era of Reggie Miller left. As far as Im concerned they can go to whoever if anyone wants them. No need for them to live off our dime. I feel the same way about the Lucas Oil Stadium, Im a Colts fan but not a fan of tax payers funding that crap. Jerry Jones is a example sports temas should live bye!!!!

LATA PACERS!!!!! Can we get a NHL team to replace them!!!!??????
    or a real MLB team? there tickets are reasonable enough for anyone to get good seats if they work for it.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Any Sports Team is a business (period). If tax dollars are used to "help" a Team stay, make a percentage of the revenue made, PAY for their Dome's.

STOP using my money for others' profits.

I earn it, I should spend it on what I want..............

Top Bottom