• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Oh, I forgot to mention, this was an international match with folks from England showing up. Celebrities were there too- like Ben Fortin.

Ben really came to watch me run my Saiga 12- asked me about it and everything.

Did I mention I bested Ben Fortin on the 200 yard plates as well?:rockwoot:

OK, I'll stop now- it's rare that I have such a "moment" in competitions, so I'm enjoying it. I will likely be humbled next week.:D

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wish I could have been there! When I've been there, it's been shotgun-heavy (especially the last couple of state matches I shot). I like shooting shotgun, but I like shooting rifle a lot more.

Where did they do the 200 yards? Did they add a new bay, or is it all the way to the "left"? I don't think I've shot past 100 yards there, but those are the stages where I do the best (but I'm not even an Appleseed Rifleman).

Welborn and Company put on a great match today. I personally could have used some more shotgun in it, but that's just me.

Something strange did happen however...
    There was some guy there with a Saiga AK :smileak:that absolutely SPANKED these two other guys with scoped ARs on 200 yard targets. :eek: I should just add that these two other guys are Appleseed Riflemen as well.:stickpoke:

Saiga power baby!:rockwoot:

Oh, I forgot to mention, this was an international match with folks from England showing up. Celebrities were there too- like Ben Fortin.

Ben really came to watch me run my Saiga 12- asked me about it and everything.

Did I mention I bested Ben Fortin on the 200 yard plates as well?:rockwoot:

OK, I'll stop now- it's rare that I have such a "moment" in competitions, so I'm enjoying it. I will likely be humbled next week.:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I wish I could have been there! When I've been there, it's been shotgun-heavy (especially the last couple of state matches I shot). I like shooting shotgun, but I like shooting rifle a lot more.

Where did they do the 200 yards? Did they add a new bay, or is it all the way to the "left"? I don't think I've shot past 100 yards there, but those are the stages where I do the best (but I'm not even an Appleseed Rifleman).

I wish you was there too- would have been great to meet you and would have expanded our INGO squad. I think the reason this one was shotgun lite is because they designed it to run 2 guns or 3 guns. Mixing all that up in the courses put the shotguns out a bit- I don't think I used more than 30 shells through all the courses.

The 200 yarder was set up on the first pistol bay, sort of down that little hill from equipment shed. They just cut a lane off to the left and stuck the steel at the end of it. Pretty cool the way they made it happen. You could sit up there to shoot prone either on the ground or on a ramp, from a table or on a step-up cut-out they made.

This was my first multigun and I'm hooked.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The first taste is free! Now you have to feed it!

I wish you was there too- would have been great to meet you and would have expanded our INGO squad. I think the reason this one was shotgun lite is because they designed it to run 2 guns or 3 guns. Mixing all that up in the courses put the shotguns out a bit- I don't think I used more than 30 shells through all the courses.

The 200 yarder was set up on the first pistol bay, sort of down that little hill from equipment shed. They just cut a lane off to the left and stuck the steel at the end of it. Pretty cool the way they made it happen. You could sit up there to shoot prone either on the ground or on a ramp, from a table or on a step-up cut-out they made.

This was my first multigun and I'm hooked.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Lol! We will see when the over all scores come out who bested who...

Yes, we will- and here it is in order of INGO multigun superiority

1.) SBCMAN (that's me) 458.45
    2.) Mudcat Jr 396.26
    3.) Titanium Frost 314.08

I couldn't be happier with the results- 4th in open, 16th overall with 2 aks and a revolver.:rockwoot::bacondance:

Great job by everyone and I'm just teasing TF and Mudcat Jr- they both ran great matches!

Edit: Hold up, make that 17th overall- some dude in heavy metal slammed the entire match with a 725- of course, he was the only one in that division, so he got all the points:D

Last edited:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county

2.) Mudcat Jr 396.26

I couldn't be happier with the results- 4th in open, 16th overall with 2 aks and a revolver.:rockwoot::bacondance:

Great job by everyone and I'm just teasing TF and Mudcat Jr- they both ran great matches!

Edit: Hold up, make that 17th overall- some dude in heavy metal slammed the entire match with a 725- of course, he was the only one in that division, so he got all the points:D

Sounds like you did a great job for sure.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

2.) Mudcat Jr 396.26

Wow! Good score TJ! Can you post a link to the pagewith the scores on it? I can never find their website from my phone.

Top Bottom