OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I "accidentally" went fishing a bit ago.

A few weeks ago, I restored all my old reels and got everything shiny and prepped. Put two in my car, just in case. Made my tackle box fresher.

Son wanted to walk the dog at Morse Lake instead of one of the other parks close by. Suddenly.

Pulling in to the park, my thoughts were, crap on a cracker! I have no bait! Perfect opportunity, though.

I was not letting this go. Rummaged through my box and grabbed up stuff to make up small spinner.
    Many years ago, I had bought a selection of the tiniest things I could find for Indiana fishing, dumped all my 4" and 6" hooks, 8oz and 12oz weights, etc. that I had for surf fishing or off a pier in the arroyo.

Fifth cast, I caught a 7" sunfish. Gave it to the guy about 50ft away, downstream toward the dam.

Then went farther upstream, past a buoy barrier chain. Lost count of how many casts, but caught about a 10" catfish, on a spinner, for crying out loud.
    The two guys fishing close, neither wanted the cat, so I walked down and tossed in the oxygenated swirls near the dam.

That was fun, but NOW, I have the fever! More than ever!
    I need to prepare and do this for real. Bring some live bait next time!
    A guy on the way sells crickets, worms and minnows. I know what to do. Why am I not doing it?
    :dunno:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I remember seeing that, but it had to have been marked down, right? I'm talking their advertised price.
    The barcode wasn't scanning. The cashier was going to enter the price on the sticker which was at $5.99/lb. I asked if at the end if it would be brought down to the $2.99/lb.

It took 3 of them to figure out how to put it in the register and they told me that was going to be the cost.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The barcode wasn't scanning. The cashier was going to enter the price on the sticker which was at $5.99/lb. I asked if at the end if it would be brought down to the $2.99/lb.

It took 3 of them to figure out how to put it in the register and they told me that was going to be the cost.
    God bless stupid cashiers! :lmfao:

Top Bottom