OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Range Report
    IMG_1005.jpeg

I discovered that shooting this combination is miserable. It is the Sig MPX with Ti-Rant suppressor. I was getting a face full of gas constantly.

All of the following are .22 LR fired through my Tikka TX1 at 25 yards

This first one was 5 rounds of Federal bulk pack 36 grain.
    IMG_1006.jpeg

Picture of the Tikka. I did have the Huxrx suppressor on it the whole time.
    IMG_1007.jpeg

This was 10 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets. One interesting thing was that 4 of them fired subsonic and the other 6 were supersonic.
    IMG_1008.jpeg

This was 10 rounds of the CCI Blazer.
    IMG_1009.jpeg

I had a Surefire Warcomp put on the LWRC AR this past week so I fired some rounds through it with the suppressor on it. It was okay. I didn't feel it was quite as accurate as the H&K.

I fired the Browning Buckmark about 7 mags. I did have one failure. I think it was ammo related as the round did have a pretty deep indentation in the tail end, but did not fire.

I also went through several mags in a VPsk. The only thing unsuppressed for the day.

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpeg
      IMG_1010.jpeg
      124.4 KB · Views: 0

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Range Report
    View attachment 379069

I discovered that shooting this combination is miserable. It is the Sig MPX with Ti-Rant suppressor. I was getting a face full of gas constantly.

All of the following are .22 LR fired through my Tikka TX1 at 25 yards

This first one was 5 rounds of Federal bulk pack 36 grain.
    View attachment 379070

Picture of the Tikka. I did have the Huxrx suppressor on it the whole time.
    View attachment 379071

This was 10 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets. One interesting thing was that 4 of them fired subsonic and the other 6 were supersonic.
    View attachment 379072

This was 10 rounds of the CCI Blazer.
    View attachment 379073

I had a Surefire Warcomp put on the LWRC AR this past week so I fired some rounds through it with the suppressor on it. It was okay. I didn't feel it was quite as accurate as the H&K.

I fired the Browning Buckmark about 7 mags. I did have one failure. I think it was ammo related as the round did have a pretty deep indentation in the tail end, but did not fire.

I also went through several mags in a VPsk. The only thing unsuppressed for the day.
    Nice shootin'! I guess I had forgotten that you're a southpaw. I assume that's the reason for the face full of gas from the MPX?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nice shootin'! I guess I had forgotten that you're a southpaw. I assume that's the reason for the face full of gas from the MPX?
    Probably makes it worse. A couple people said you can change out the charging handle and something else to improve it. I am going to try that and see. But it seems to be a common complaint with them.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Probably makes it worse. A couple people said you can change out the charging handle and something else to improve it. I am going to try that and see. But it seems to be a common complaint with them.
    The delayed roller helps. (Guns that have roller locks, like SP5)

Depending on how the charging handle works sometimes you can add stuff to them.

For example, on an AR most of the gas comes through the charging handle so you can add a touch of silicone to make it more air tight, and less likely for gas to exit through the charging handle at the rear of the upper.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes.
    Not sure which vendor Ancjr is subject to, but I do that all the time.
    Never any issue.
    Apparently his provider charges a fee if you pay it online directly to them (kind of like how the BMV charges a "convenience fee"). I don't think they would if he were to do online bill pay through his bank. At least I've never encountered that.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Apparently his provider charges a fee if you pay it online directly to them (kind of like how the BMV charges a "convenience fee"). I don't think they would if he were to do online bill pay through his bank. At least I've never encountered that.
    Some of the Ft Wayne utilities are like that too. Sooo dumb

Even the court house charged a CC convenience fee

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My pile of volunteer trees is growing. Just found a big one in the corner where my fence meets my house. It was hiding back among some big yew branches and holly branches. Sucker was about 8' tall.

Top Bottom