OSUT 260: Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I'm perceiving that you had some sort of shelf catastrophe that I missed somewhere along the line. Whahappended?
    Succinctly, we had a twelve foot long wall of cheap cabinets mounted improperly, using drywall anchors. We've been in this home just over two years.

We had been using them as pantry space, filled with product such as canned goods, in good faith.

This week they gave it up and all the cabinets and everything stored above fell off the wall.
    We lost more than half of our back stash of goods and some appliances like blender, food processors, ice cream maker, crock pot, sausage stuffer, all broken or bent up.

Then the mess of broken and leaking cans and broken jars, busted wood to clean up.

I've been out of sorts for a couple of days and a little whiny.

Well on my way now to getting a new plan in place as of today.
    Skipping cabinetry. Going all open shelving, sturdy. Mounted to studs and fire breaks, exclusively.

The punchline of the entire failure:
    There were only two screws where they actually hit a stud. Those held fast and the cheap particle board broke away, leaving a bunch of torn out anchors to patch.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Tried to work on the audit stuff for work but I have too many questions. I'm not going to put my name on something with bad information and have it come back on me. Been having a disagreement with a Systems manager about what is required. He's relatively new to the position and I don't really think he understands.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Going to check that one out and a handful more. My buddy has Roku and another just uses a firestick so we'll see. I dont have a smart TV atm but that might change price depending.
    Prices have really come down on smart tvs. I was in Walmart the other day and they had 55" tvs for about what I paid for my little 32" "deck tv" just a few years ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom