OSUT 260: Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Raining now, just as Wife returned from grocery shopping.

I did not get far. Retreiving the Melamine boards, in plain view, was a bit larger of a DO than first glance could imply.

I forgot I had this huge Pro Audio subwoofer blocking the way. Lots of raw drivers in boxes piled on top. Thought I could just restack those boxes, but the 240lb sub is the foundational part of the stack.

That took a minute!
    Now I'm sweaty.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Went to autozone and got a spark plug socket, stopped off and got mcdonalds big breakfast with hotcakes.

Ran into sprinkles here and there.

Now to finish breakfast and change those plugs.... and cant forget the whole house water filter.

Well has been stinking a bit. Shocked it 2 weeks ago because of the smell, smells like that didn't work as well as I hoped.

Last edited:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    trash panda # 6 disposed, since it is Sunday I tried to be quiet and used handiest item, a crowbar, big failure, forgot about backsplash.
    The dogs seem really interested in my jeans

I have a quiet pellet gun that should work on a Sunday.
    Took out a marauding coyote with it at the old house. Shot placement is key. Hit him just below the ear and he dropped like a bag of wet salt.

Had to do the clubbing thing before, too, possums and coons. Not pleasant.
    Inside the garage, there's no clear background. Can't let it get away, though.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    the lake house well does that to us, hydrogen sulfide is the cause
    replaced the water anode, then replaced it with an aluminum one
    now I just shock it about every 6 weeks, still working out how much bleach to use.
    pretty sure the first time was too much, wife killed some of her plants
    by using it so now I get her water from the lake to use and I take water from home for coffee, drinking, and the dogs

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Good Morning Y’all! Had a wonderful road trip yesterday and a great lunch in Greencastle at the Almost Home Cafe. Now watching a recorded Formula 1 Belgium Grand Prix over several cups of coffee. Looking forward to Sunday dinner later today.
    Have a great day. :wavey:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Succinctly, we had a twelve foot long wall of cheap cabinets mounted improperly, using drywall anchors. We've been in this home just over two years.

We had been using them as pantry space, filled with product such as canned goods, in good faith.

This week they gave it up and all the cabinets and everything stored above fell off the wall.
    We lost more than half of our back stash of goods and some appliances like blender, food processors, ice cream maker, crock pot, sausage stuffer, all broken or bent up.

Then the mess of broken and leaking cans and broken jars, busted wood to clean up.

I've been out of sorts for a couple of days and a little whiny.

Well on my way now to getting a new plan in place as of today.
    Skipping cabinetry. Going all open shelving, sturdy. Mounted to studs and fire breaks, exclusively.

The punchline of the entire failure:
    There were only two screws where they actually hit a stud. Those held fast and the cheap particle board broke away, leaving a bunch of torn out anchors to patch.
    You document and make a homeowners claim? That home canned chow goes for big bucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom