OSUT 260: Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I forget sometimes and have piles of firearms and ammo laying all over the house when i have contractors show up. :):
    Oh, no!

We can't hide it all, though.
    Most of them know which house to break into, but also know, the ones to avoid to the very end.
    :dunno:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've spent a good part of the day tinkering with my bike.
    Had not ridden in about four years. Various reasons.

My wife did not even want to move the bike to our new home, since I had not used it in so long. Paid deep to win that one!

I've had it going for a few weeks now and I feel the need.
    BUT, literally everything was out of adjustment, lose, about to fall off or too stiff for full travel.

I have been tweaking all the attached furniture on the bike to get it back right, strong, crisp, smoothed up and more predictable. Even tuned the spokes.

Can't wait for my next ride!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    GS2 had me show him all my basement guns when they were over. Of course that involved him handling them. I noticed partway through, he has sweaty hands…
    my brother did too. If he didn’t wipe a gun down after he touched it, it would rust pretty quick. So I just went down and wiped the all down good with an oily rag. I really do need to sell about half of them, or more. Nothing down there has been shot in years.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    GS2 had me show him all my basement guns when they were over. Of course that involved him handling them. I noticed partway through, he has sweaty hands…
    my brother did too. If he didn’t wipe a gun down after he touched it, it would rust pretty quick. So I just went down and wiped the all down good with an oily rag. I really do need to sell about half of them, or more. Nothing down there has been shot in years.
    "Gotta keep 'em seperated!"

Sometimes I do that walk through with oiling down just because there's nothing good on TV.
    Not kidding at all.
    :):

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    What shape was the bike in?
    Half decent five years ago, but it's an '80s Schwinn.
    Sat for a number of years unused, in the outdoors, only tarped.

It needed a tuck or two.
    It's my only rider now. New tires and tubes couple weeks back, a day dolling it out, adjusting everything, so it's about as good as it can get now.
    I'm proud of it!

Nothing as touchy as the Jap English racer I had before I got this one free. A friend gave me this bike to help clear out his garage.

Loaded with Shimano, Mikuni, Sieko and only creation knows what all for furniture, that Japanese bike thing was a fabulous nightmare. I loved it!
    I found it a home with a bike guy before we moved.

I kept the old Schwinn early mountain bike style for me.

I couldn't even pump the tires to full with the racer bike. Sure I could lift the Jap bike above my head with two fingers, but 70psi for those rubber band width tires required a tool or a more expensive foot pump.

I went SHTF deciding which bike to keep.

Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Half decent five years ago, but it's an '80s Schwinn.
    Sat for a number of years unused, in the outdoors, only tarped.

It needed a tuck or two.
    It's my only rider now. New tires and tubes couple weeks back, a day dolling it out, adjusting everything, so it's about as good as it can get.
    I'm proud of it!

Nothing as touchy as the Jap English racer I had before I got this one free.
    Loaded with Shimano, Mikuni, Sieko and only creation knows what all for furniture, that thing was a fabulous nightmare.
    I found it a home before we moved.

I kept the old Schwinn early mountain bike style for me.
    I couldn't even pump the tires to full with the racer bike. Sure I could lift it above my head with two fingers, but 70psi for those rubber band width tires required a tool.

I went SHTF deciding which bike to keep.
    Guess I shoulda used purple or a laughing emoji or something...my sarcasm must be getting weak.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Guess I shoulda used purple or a laughing emoji or something...my sarcasm must be getting weak.
    Oops. Sorry, I missed it. I get it now. I'm the slow on the uptake guy, here.

It was shaped like it had one tire in the front and one toward the back. In the middle there was a seat.
    :ugh:

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Only because I like you, I’ll make sure your guns are exercised and well lubricated. I’ll have to come by and pick them up to do so, but I assure you that you can get them anytime you want!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sheesh! Went to pay Susan's credit card bill and she said she hadn't charged anything this past month. I told her that apparently she had because it had a $408 balance. Started looking, and they were all from some questionable online "fitness" and "yoga" sites in California. She just got off the phone with Citi to cancel her card and dispute the charges. The customer service guy said someone had activated an Apple Pay account with her credit card too, so they put a stop to that. Man I hate freakin' thieves!! :xmad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom