Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Just put my largest iron skillet in the oven loaded with a layer of onion, lemon and garlic, some talapia, dressed with fresh sage and basil, a good sprinkle of dried parsley, smothered in melted butter.

Ready in about an hour.
    Daughter is making dirty rice "lite," no meat.
    Fresh broccoli to steam, soon to be underway.

And so, lunch is decided.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Back on shore. Lilly Center folks pointed out a blue-green algae formation starting at my dock. Sending someone out later to test and determine if or not toxic. Been a couple large formations on other nearby lakes this spring. Not something that you want.

Only had 1 :coffee: this morning so as to lower risk of needing an immediate potty break while out with 3 or 4 college girls and a guy ( they don’t understand an old man’s issues ). So another cup & surf the interwebs a bit. Nothing on the schedule rest of day so thinking maybe a quick trip to bait shop for some minnows. Then this afternoon take a few poles, some artificial baits, crawlers, and minnows back out to fish a bit. Last 3 Wednesdays when out my fish finder has been showing fish like crazy in same areas/spots. This morning LM bass were going crazing.

IMG_3953.jpegIMG_3952.jpeg
    As I said been seeing same thing for 3 weeks. Always in deep water. Fish & ‘food’ streaks vary from about 15’ to 35’ down.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    That’s a strange place to keep squirrels. I use trees:)
    I'm planning for a half inch screen for both ends of this very popular squirrel haven. It will have its own bad effect.

My theory is that they see a hawk (we have many shopping here) and just hide in the closest dark spot. Then they get stuck and die.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom