Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Ugh. They're showing all the Pride nonsense that's been going on downtown.
    Hard pass!
    Don't get me wrong.

I worked in the arts more than half my work years. I have known many "Spectrum" folks, friends, great co-workers, hired some, had them over, etc.

The thing that irks me is that this push to make it seem as if these fine people are the majority is feeling a bit like a choke hold.

The ones doing the choking are not the fine people I've grown to accept, even like, share life with.
    It's beyond tiresome at this point!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hard pass!
    Don't get me wrong.

I worked in the arts more than half my work years. I have known many "Spectrum" folks, friends, great co-workers, hired some, had them over, etc.

The thing that irks me is that this push to make it seem as if these fine people are the majority is feeling a bit like a choke hold.

The ones doing the choking are not the fine people I've grown to accept, even like, share life with. It's beyond tiresome at this point.
    Yep, having worked in the restaurant business for about 15 years, I knew my share as well, mainly from TGI Fridays. Always got along with them just fine. Only one guy that I recall ever crossed the line. He used to go up behind other guys (back in the kitchen) and make a "growling" sound in their ear. He did it to me once and I spun around and gave him a look that made him take a few steps back. He never did that again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The strawberry festival is this Thursday downtown. I've never been because it's on a weekday (which never made sense to me). It starts at 9. They said they made over 15K homemade shortcakes and they always sell out. It's a big fundraiser.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yep, having worked in the restaurant business for about 15 years, I knew my share as well, mainly from TGI Fridays. Always got along with them just fine. Only one guy that I recall ever crossed the line. He used to go up behind other guys (back in the kitchen) and make a "growling" sound in their ear. He did it to me once and I spun around and gave him a look that made him take a few steps back. He never did that again.
    Yeah, I've been hit on plenty, too.
    If a look was enough to show a lack of interest, fine.

Otherwise, I can put them in the hospital with my thumb. Old days, anyway.
    Only came to that once.
    Thankfully.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom