patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I haven't slept much either.
    Winding down our little family firepit party, I got a call. Kind of late for me.

Talked to a buddy last week. He just got a new (to him) johnboat. We promised to go fishing soon.
    Turns out it was my buddy's girlfriend calling on his phone to all his recent calls.

He cracked up his scoot and banged himself up pretty good. He'll be fine. But he lost an eye.

I went to the ER, but they had put him in a room already and it was too late to visit.
    She was in rough shape.
    A couple others were there who I didn't know.
    All construction workers.

I tried to sleep after, but it was only in short spurts. Gave up.
    Ouch, dammit! I gave up riding when my first child arrived. Too many friends, family members, and acquaintances have died or been seriously injured on motorcycles. Mostly other people's fault. Cracked a couple up myself and still bear the scars. I am sorry your buddy had to join the ranks of the disfigured. Getting ready to try and talk a nephew out of riding.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess I can now reveal that I spent my life in insurance claims. I had always wanted to get a motorcycle, but my first year as adjuster, I had 2 claims where a motorcyclist had been injured. Neither accident was his fault, but they were hurt nevertheless. So I gave up on that idea.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I guess I can now reveal that I spent my life in insurance claims. I had always wanted to get a motorcycle, but my first year as adjuster, I had 2 claims where a motorcyclist had been injured. Neither accident was his fault, but they were hurt nevertheless. So I gave up on that idea.
    I can speak from experience. You did well. Wish I'd gotten wiser sooner.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Ouch, dammit! I gave up riding when my first child arrived. Too many friends, family members, and acquaintances have died or been seriously injured on motorcycles. Mostly other people's fault. Cracked a couple up myself and still bear the scars. I am sorry your buddy had to join the ranks of the disfigured. Getting ready to try and talk a nephew out of riding.
    Best for the nephew! Good luck with that.

I've only had one, tiny. Ages ago. Never a big one. Not really into motorcycles, but I did haul a hog home once on it, way too big to drag.

Buddy had a good size old rice burner. Classic.
    He was t-boned.

I'm going to see him later today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom