Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have a dilemma regarding a real leather, suede jacket.
    Had it maybe thirty years and it still looks great, but the zipper is cr*pped.
    Got an estimate to replace the zipper for $300.

Huffed, thanked him, grabbed it, figuring to go somewhere else, but the next taylor wanted more.

Obviously I won't need it for months, but leather is very expensive and becoming rare these days.

I feel I should nod to the "original owner," Mr. Steer, and keep it going.
    Choking up $300 is a lot of choke to me, though.
    Waddya think?
    :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Huffed, thanked him, grabbed it, figuring to go somewhere else, but the next taylor wanted more.

Obviously I won't need it for months, but leather is very expensive and becoming rare these days.

Waddya think?
    Holy crap, that's a lot of money to replace a zipper! :faint:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've been seeing one flying over here too. Not every day, but probably a couple times a week. Don't know where he's staying.
    No idea where this one roosts, but I see him almost every day. He's probably here, I just missed him.

That's all I have to go on when I say he lives close.

But, close for a cottontail and close for something with 7ft wings are quite different.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got one of those spam texts about my house. It said they saw from the county records that I owned the house at (my address) and asked if I had considered moving. Normally I just block the number and delete the text, but I was feeling cantankerous this morning, so I texted back, "Have you ever considered FATWO?" (but I didn't abbreviate it)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Had to dump the rest of the coffee and make a fresh half pot for Susan. Something went wrong and the first pot had a lot of grounds in it. :n00b:
    I usually just pour the pot through a filter. Can't wait for that second go round. Generally, the filter collapsed on the original attempt.

Morning all. Too beat up to row this AM. Gonna go buy a new weed whip this morning. Give the old one to the grandkids.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Just got one of those spam texts about my house. It said they saw from the county records that I owned the house at (my address) and asked if I had considered moving. Normally I just block the number and delete the text, but I was feeling cantankerous this morning, so I texted back, "Have you ever considered FATWO?" (but I didn't abbreviate it)
    I still get those about the old house that no longer exists.

When I feel fluffy, I feign interest and tell them to drive by, inspect the property and make me a real proposal.
    :lmfao:
    There's nothing there. Even the bones of our beloved pets have been displaced.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    i need to go out and check my trap but it is so wet out there. at least the sun is out now. sort of partly cloudy now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I usually just pour the pot through a filter. Can't wait for that second go round. Generally, the filter collapsed on the original attempt.

Morning all. Too beat up to row this AM. Gonna go buy a new weed whip this morning. Give the old one to the grandkids.
    Mornin' patience! I just "decanted" my cup and a half. Susan's still not up yet, so I just went ahead and brewed a fresh half pot (that's all she drinks anyhow).

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Waddya think?
    Thay IS a chunk of change for a repair. Usually, bids like that make me think they don't really want that particular work. Don't think Mr. Steer really cares at this point but if you really like the jacket . . . .
    For $300 I'd go hunting a nice newer jacket of some fancy performance fabric that was lighter and warmer all at the same time. North Face, Columbia, or American Giant perhaps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom