Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Evening fellas. Glad I mowed last evening, had nice breeze and was partly cloudy and bit cooler than tonite. Hope it cools a bit before next time.

Was leaving Syracuse today and I swear there was a single quail in the middle of the road in factory and RR track area. I haven’t seen or heard one in 35, 40 years. But don’t know what else it could have been.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    In the early 1900s Wawasee, Syracuse, and our lake were dredged for marl and it was shipped by rail to Syracuse cement plant. A barge sunk on our lake, stories vary as to exact cause. Anyway yesterday Camp Mack had a drone up taking pics. This is of the barge. Totally different perspective than just passing by the buoys marking it in a boat.

IMG_0797.jpeg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Evening fellas. Glad I mowed last evening, had nice breeze and was partly cloudy and bit cooler than tonite. Hope it cools a bit before next time.

Was leaving Syracuse today and I swear there was a single quail in the middle of the road in factory and RR track area. I haven’t seen or heard one in 35, 40 years. But don’t know what else it could have been.
    Evenin' Hardscrable. When we went to visit Susan's friend down near Salem, we heard at least one. It had been a long time since I'd heard "Bob White".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In the early 1900s Wawasee, Syracuse, and our lake were dredged for marl and it was shipped by rail to Syracuse cement plant. A barge sunk on our lake, stories vary as to exact cause. Anyway yesterday Camp Mack had a drone up taking pics. This is of the barge. Totally different perspective than just passing by the buoys marking it in a boat.

View attachment 360359
    How deep is it there?

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Evenin' Hardscrable. When we went to visit Susan's friend down near Salem, we heard at least one. It had been a long time since I'd heard "Bob White".
    In my area several winters ending with blizzard of ‘78 wiped most of them out. Then a winter ‘83 finished rest. Plus most all of their habitat disappeared.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey, if people get the day off from work than I get the day off from mowing. :p
    iu

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In my area several winters ending with blizzard of ‘78 wiped most of them out. Then a winter ‘83 finished rest. Plus most all of their habitat disappeared.
    When I was probably 14 or 15, I was hunting rabbits with my dad somewhere up near Lebanon. We were walking along a railroad track and flushed a covey of quail. I didn't even get my shotgun all the way up to my shoulder and fired into the middle of them and managed to hit one. :): Mom cooked it for me when we got home and that is still one of the most delicious meats I've ever eaten.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    When I was probably 14 or 15, I was hunting rabbits with my dad somewhere up near Lebanon. We were walking along a railroad track and flushed a covey of quail. I didn't even get my shotgun all the way up to my shoulder and fired into the middle of them and managed to hit one. :): Mom cooked it for me when we got home and that is still one of the most delicious meats I've ever eaten.
    Yah quail is pretty darn good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom