Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know my yard is a bit small for a riding mower.. but I'm glad I have one.
    Yard cut in about 20 minutes today.

Last week I brought it to the Legion, because we were having a problem with it's mower.
    Got the other one fixed, and then got the grass done a LOT faster because we had mine there to help.
    Even though it's only a 4 foot deck, and the one at the Legion is a 5 footer.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Sitting on my back deck and had a baby robin slam into my upstairs window just a few feet from me. Damn thing must have either broke its neck or crushed its skull. He was breathing for about 10 seconds then stopped.
    Just before we left for the vet a mature female cardinal flew into one of our windows. Unfortunately died on impact. I hate when that happens

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Yeah I hated to see that happen. Nature is a cruel bi***.
    We have too many bird crashes, always desirable birds. 2 stories of glass on great room westerly wall and for what ever reason ( reflections ?) it isn’t uncommon. The old farm houses we lived in had small windows, never had a fly into 1 that I am aware of.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have too many bird crashes, always desirable birds. 2 stories of glass on great room westerly wall and for what ever reason ( reflections ?) it isn’t uncommon. The old farm houses we lived in had small windows, never had a fly into 1 that I am aware of.
    This is an older pic, but the house hasn't changed. That's our picture window with the casement windows on each side. Haven't had that many bird crashes recently, but for the past couple years, there was a male cardinal that would intentionally peck at his reflection. Got pretty annoying if you were sitting in the living room. :):

1718665498409.jpeg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is an older pic, but the house hasn't changed. That's our picture window with the casement windows on each side. Haven't had that many bird crashes recently, but for the past couple years, there was a male cardinal that would intentionally peck at his reflection. Got pretty annoying if you were sitting in the living room. :):

View attachment 359983

nice porch

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom