OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Howdy Lpherr! How's the pup doing?
    Hello DD.
    Not good. Had an incident yesterday, so we are going to contact the vet and try some meds to calm him.
    Talked to a rescue yesterday, and they said he sounds like most any place that would take him in, would likely
    euthanize him. I don't want that for him. We'll give the meds a try and go from there.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Hello DD.
    Not good. Had an incident yesterday, so we are going to contact the vet and try some meds to calm him.
    Talked to a rescue yesterday, and they said he sounds like most any place that would take him in, would likely
    euthanize him. I don't want that for him. We'll give the meds a try and go from there.
    Sorry, Lpherr.
    I had hoped for better for you.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Sorry, Lpherr.
    I had hoped for better for you.
    We've been trying our best, and doing research, but without knowing his past, we can't determine the triggers.
    It seems random, but I'm sure there's something. We're hoping the meds help balance his sudden mood swings
    and we can continue to work with him.
    Overall, he's a good pup. It's just those times when he gets an attitude for what seems like, no reason.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hello DD.
    Sorry to hear that. :( What about your little girl that hat the tumor removed?

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Oh good! That's actually who I had in mind when I asked originally. I'd forgotten about your problem child and thought things had settled down with him.
    It's been a little over three months that he's been here. We had hoped he would adjust, but there's something from his past, that we need to get him to forget. He's in a safe, loving home, but he doesn't realize it.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Hi Lpherrr

Your need to protect your other two.
    That's one of the strange things. He and the little girl got into it, and now even when she gets snappy at him, he just walks past her and there aren't any problems.
    However, he insists on bullying Bullitt and I think Bullitt is getting to the point of setting him straight.
    But I don't want them to injure each other over getting along.

Last edited:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    We've been trying our best, and doing research, but without knowing his past, we can't determine the triggers.
    It seems random, but I'm sure there's something. We're hoping the meds help balance his sudden mood swings
    and we can continue to work with him.
    Overall, he's a good pup. It's just those times when he gets an attitude for what seems like, no reason.
    So sad!

I don't want to try to parallel too much, but you're not alone.

We had a wonderful rescue dog for over three years when he developed seizures.
    Solid trooper, protector and a lover. What purity of soul!
    Doc did all she could.

I'm hoping for more good times for you.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    So sad!

I don't want to try to parallel too much, but you're not alone.

We had a wonderful rescue dog for over three years when he developed seizures.
    Solid trooper, protector and a lover. What purity of soul!
    Doc did all she could.

I'm hoping for more good times for you.
    My objective is to break through to him.
    It's terribly hard to let go of a pet when it's their time, and knowing he wouldn't fair well
    in any other situation and end up meeting his demise, I just can't let that happen.
    It would be better for him to live medicated, than not to live at all.
    Maybe it's a stupid decision on my part, but even with his issue, he's a part of our family.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    My objective is to break through to him.
    It's terribly hard to let go of a pet when it's their time, and knowing he wouldn't fair well
    in any other situation and end up meeting his demise, I just can't let that happen.
    It would be better for him to live medicated, than not to live at all.
    Maybe it's a stupid decision on my part, but even with his issue, he's a part of our family.
    There's no stupid here.
    Enjoy what you can.
    Family, as you say!
    ... and we know.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom