OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Speaking of computers, back a bit, I keep getting a message from MS in my quick launch bar that my OS (running Win10, hdw too old to update) will no longer be supported as of next year.

Built this desktop maybe 8yrs ago for a Win7 license.
    It still does everything just fine, but it's quite old now. Keep it in my garage/shop. I say, "HI," in the mornings with it.

Inside, near my sound gear, is another running Win Server '03 (XP based, believe it or not) for my digital music library. (enormous!)
    Older, but you don't need much computer brain to play music, even at super high res.

That one has never heard of the internet. Every service disabled except for playing music. All hard wired just to sound gear. All streaming is through different hdw, not touching.

At least MS is giving me a year and a half to build up a more current box.

Kind of been planning this task as a father son project, one for each of us, but the young's interest wavers.

Not buying him a mobo; it'll be his baby. He needs to show me some study work he's done, choices he's made, get another job, etc.

I hate drop the "Whatever" card on him, but he seems to be holding a full hand of them, lately.
    :dunno:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom