OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    They must be working on the tornado siren near me. It keeps going off, but there's no severe weather and it's not the normal testing time.
    I bought a small siren once at an estate auction.
    Not because I was going to do anything more than restore it.
    But it was made by JBL (FFS!!), my chosen, best of the best, pro audio gear manufacturer, for very loud, powerful, efficient, dependable loudspeaker drivers.

I never knew that JBL also made public warning devices in the old days.

Thinking about it, that too is a sound that needs to be reinforced, long lasting, dependable, weatherproof, etc. JBL!

The electrical driver mechanism was almost identical to some large horns I used for sound reinforcement, except instead of titanium and aluminum domed internals for music, the moving mass was made of a thick, woven phenolic dome compressing a similar tiny area which fed a large curved horn.
    Made a LOT of noise!

Mid '90s and parts were still available for a '50s design.
    JBL! Pro all the way!

Last edited:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I had Daughter buy some craft sticks at Lowe's.
    Large cattle size tongue depressors basically.

Right now I can tell exactly where all my tulips, daffodils and so forth are planted.

I'm placing little squares of these as markers where it will be safe to dig when fall comes and I begin to fill in bare spots, further enhancing the spring display.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If I made it any taller I couldn't bite it! :): I've had 3 sandwiches since Sunday and Susan's had 1 small one. That's why it's so hard to make anything. Usually waste a lot.
    Yeah, Barb and I feel your pain. She eats like a bird and I can't keep up with the leftovers. Compost bin eats pretty well. I do hate to throw stuff out, having been raised by parents and grandparents who actually knew what hard times looked like.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Not at mine. The truck doesn't come until afternoon. If I go in the morning they're out of a lot of stuff it seems like.
    Bummer.
    When my son worked at Kroger, start time was 5:30AM.
    The produce truck was there already and before they were done, the "fish truck" showed up with frozen goods.

Of course, the trucks were only partially loaded out when this smallish Kroger got all their replenishments docked.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I had Daughter buy some craft sticks at Lowe's.
    Large cattle size tongue depressors basically.

Right now I can tell exactly where all my tulips, daffodils and so forth are planted.

I'm placing little squares of these as markers where it will be safe to dig when fall comes and I begin to fill in bare spots, further enhancing the spring display.
    Not that organized in the flower beds yet here. Fall comes and we try and remember where the bare spots were and pitch some perennial seeds or bulbs in those spots. Pitched out some Japanese iris seeds this spring and I have no idea if they'll germinate or not but we shall see.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bummer.
    When my son worked at Kroger, start time was 5:30AM.
    The produce truck was there already and before they were done, the "fish truck" showed up with frozen goods.

Of course, the trucks were only partially loaded out when this smallish Kroger got all their replenishments docked.
    I think it does depend on the store. My usual Kroger runs out of stuff a lot - and stuff you should never run out of, like eggs and milk. :n00b: Sometimes I have to go to a second store to get everything on my list. Sometimes I think I should just go to that one in the first place, but I'm so used to mine that I can get in and get out quickly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom