OSUT 254: January Cold and Snow Can Gooooo....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just canceled my Nord VPN renewal. Only used it a couple of times and didn't like it. Slowed down my connection and caused me to be blocked from silly things like the Kroger ad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hello DD. Yeah, I have a VPN. Most times when I click a link in an email I receive, it gets blocked. Annoying
    I thought it seemed like a good idea for security reasons and whatnot, but it's more of a hassle than it's worth to me. My Brave and DuckDuckGo block enough malicious stuff on their own that I don't feel like I need Nord.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Well... I guess you guys can call me stupid.
    We contacted Gunners previous owner and he never responded. He knows what he did. We contacted a rescue and never heard back. We realize they are all over crowded.
    I don't want Gunner to end up in a situation where he is abused further. I became attached to the little *******. We discussed it further and we still have him, and the Mrs. has kept Gunner and the little one separated when I'm not home. We have muzzles on the way (even though I hate using them), to use on the two until there aren't any reactions. The muzzles allow eating/drinking and panting. The little one now steers clear of Gunner.
    A couple days ago, Bullitt and Gunner wanted outside, and they've gotten along fine, so I let them out and stepped into the bathroom.
    I heard them both barking like crazy and expected they seen a squirrel or cat. Nope, they were going at it, and sounded like shepherd sized dogs. Now Bullitt is extremely submissive, to the point of not hurting a flee if it got on him. As I tore outside to break it up, Bullitt was holding his own and had Gunner back down. I was so impressed with him. Neither of them got hurt thankfully.
    So anyway, with no one getting back to us and muzzles on the way, we are going to seek a trainer and hopefully keep Gunner.
    He has a ton of potential, and this all might be dogs establishing their place in the pack (I've never dealt with this), but he has good in him. He has learned sit in one day, he doesn't give a squat about the cats, he's house broken and goes to the door (teaching him to ring the bells and he's getting it), and is a huge sweetie with the Mrs.
    I know there's a decompression period, then a getting accustomed to our routine period, and by somewhere around three months, they begin to feel at home. Hopefully with some training, and some time, this will no longer be an issue.
    I have a big soft spot for dogs, and seeing how some of them get treated, I hate to give up. If the owner would've got back to us, the story may be different.

I apologize for the random thoughts. I'm really tired from lack of sleep.

This is where you tell me how stupid I am.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We contacted Gunners previous owner and he never responded. He knows what he did. We contacted a rescue and never heard back. We realize they are all over crowded.
    I don't want Gunner to end up in a situation where he is abused further. I became attached to the little *******. We discussed it further and we still have him, and the Mrs. has kept Gunner and the little one separated when I'm not home. We have muzzles on the way (even though I hate using them), to use on the two until there aren't any reactions. The muzzles allow eating/drinking and panting. The little one now steers clear of Gunner.
    A couple days ago, Bullitt and Gunner wanted outside, and they've gotten along fine, so I let them out and stepped into the bathroom.
    I heard them both barking like crazy and expected they seen a squirrel or cat. Nope, they were going at it, and sounded like shepherd sized dogs. Now Bullitt is extremely submissive, to the point of not hurting a flee if it got on him. As I tore outside to break it up, Bullitt was holding his own and had Gunner back down. I was so impressed with him. Neither of them got hurt thankfully.
    So anyway, with no one getting back to us and muzzles on the way, we are going to seek a trainer and hopefully keep Gunner.
    He has a ton of potential, and this all might be dogs establishing their place in the pack (I've never dealt with this), but he has good in him. He has learned sit in one day, he doesn't give a squat about the cats, he's house broken and goes to the door (teaching him to ring the bells and he's getting it), and is a huge sweetie with the Mrs.
    I know there's a decompression period, then a getting accustomed to our routine period, and by somewhere around three months, they begin to feel at home. Hopefully with some training, and some time, this will no longer be an issue.
    I have a big soft spot for dogs, and seeing how some of them get treated, I hate to give up. If the owner would've got back to us, the story may be different.

Howdy Lpherr. I don't think you're stupid at all! Good on you for taking this on with Gunner. I suspect that much of it is just establishing the pecking order and things will eventually settle down. Best of luck, and I hope this all works out for all of you! :thumbsup:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Good luck, I hope positive outcome

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom