OSUT 254: January Cold and Snow Can Gooooo....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess I've just got a different work ethic than some of my coworkers. My former team lead, now branch chief, actually took the payroll office request tonight. She shouldn't have to be "hands on" in her new position, but I'm glad she is. My team lead is new though. She's good as a tester and was one of the first to learn how to run jobs (what I do) on her own. She also takes a lot of initiative with stuff too, so I think she'll be good.

My direct coworker that does what I do (with a much lighter workload) though, almost never works over, and definitely never starts early. She's not a bad person, but she's just not as driven I don't think.

I think a lot of my own habits come from my restaurant experience. I was a cook most of that time, but also management. You never knew when you were going to get "slammed" with a bunch of people all at once, so you had to stay ready and react to things "now" rather than letting them build up.

Another team lead (and friend) admits he doesn't look at his email when he's "busy". Then he complains that he has 2 or 3 hundred emails in his Inbox. I answer, delete, or save as appropriate as soon as they come in as much as possible, no matter how busy I am.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think Mylanta is mint flavored. I wonder if they make a flavorless version. My thinking is that it could be a "mixer" with the bleu cheese dressing for people that like wings, but might have an issue with spicy foods.

1708562489219.png

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Evening all! Just got back from our VFW. Helped with the potato bar we set up tonight with all the fixins...butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, ham, chili, pulled pork, bacon bits, hot cheese, broccoli, and green onions. $6.00 for a giant baker. We made $226.00 and the proceeds are going to the Dr. Otis Bowen Veteran House. We are doing other fundraising for them throughout the next few months as well.

After eating a potato with about every fixin, and a few cold ones, I feel like I ate a mattress. :faint:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom