Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks man and this is been my first season making apple sauce. It’s still a little bit chunky but is gradually becoming smoother. Plus it’s nice that northern Indiana has so much maple syrup.
    Mom always made it when I was growing up. We had a Transparent Apple tree that she used for applesauce. She had a collander with a "blade" that forced the cooked apples through a screen to make it more smooth. She never used maple syrup though. She would always can a few jars with "red hots" to make cinnamon applesauce though.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Kosciusko county
    Mom always made it when I was growing up. We had a Transparent Apple tree that she used for applesauce. She had a collander with a "blade" that forced the cooked apples through a screen to make it more smooth. She never used maple syrup though. She would always can a few jars with "red hots" to make cinnamon applesauce though.
    I usually just mash mine but also made some with hot tamale candy. Since I couldn’t find red hots at Martin’s.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Snow is sticking here. Looks like a snow globe at the moment. Hubby is on a team now and it is pool league night so I'm home alone. Couldn't decide if I wanted to go to Walkerton or stick around in case the babies come to get candy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom