mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Howdy mom. My federal refund was deposited today. I just filed on Feb. 3rd..
    I don't know what that is...refund??? We owe less this year but I hoped the estimated quarterly payments would avoid owing. Upped those about $200 per quarter for next year. Daughter got lucky and is getting a small refund in spite of neither of them having federal taken out of their checks the majority of the year. Hannah helped.

I applied our $2 refund from state to our first quarterly payment. :lmfao:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know what that is...refund??? We owe less this year but I hoped the estimated quarterly payments would avoid owing. Upped those about $200 per quarter for next year. Daughter got lucky and is getting a small refund in spite of neither of them having federal taken out of their checks the majority of the year. Hannah helped.

I applied our $2 refund from state to our first quarterly payment. :lmfao:
    I know I've heard all the arguments against refunds, but I also know that I'm not disciplined enough to put the extra that wouldn't be taken out of my check into savings, so for me, it's kind of like the old "Christmas Clubs" that banks used to offer. Interest free savings accounts to use for buying Christmas gifts. But mine (or most of it) goes into an interest-bearing savings account when I get it, so there's that. :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know I've heard all the arguments against refunds, but I also know that I'm not disciplined enough to put the extra that wouldn't be taken out of my check into savings, so for me, it's kind of like the old "Christmas Clubs" that banks used to offer. Interest free savings accounts to use for buying Christmas gifts. But mine (or most of it) goes into an interest-bearing savings account when I get it, so there's that. :):
    I just want to break even and not have to keep sending in a check every year. We started doing quarterly federal payments last year to avoid owing...and then I got two raises last year so that may have played a role in owing. And bonuses were a bit better...so there ya go....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just want to break even and not have to keep sending in a check every year. We started doing quarterly federal payments last year to avoid owing...and then I got two raises last year so that may have played a role in owing. And bonuses were a bit better...so there ya go....
    I thought I'd get less back this year since that's what they were saying, but I got back an extra $150 for my new furnace. Ended up getting about $100 more than last year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom