Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    people want the paycheck but when they took the tour and realized that factory work, was in fact hard work and you were going to sweat doing it, they decided to not work there.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    On the plus side, the proto I ran before our extended vacation :rolleyes:, has gone live.
    I'll be running 6 in a row on Monday, and from then on. These will reduce time and material.
    I'm positive it won't reflect in our pay though. Company will pocket it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    people want the paycheck but when they took the tour and realized that factory work, was in fact hard work and you were going to sweat doing it, they decided to not work there.
    Back in the day :fogey: we worked hard and took pride in the fact that we earned a day's wage so we could pay our own bills and have the things that we wanted so we could appreciate and take care of them because we bought them with our own money, and nothing was given to us. If we wanted something we would go out and earn it.

That's rare these days and it's part of the reason this country is going to ****.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Back in the day :fogey: we worked hard and took pride in the fact that we earned a day's wage so we could pay our own bills and have the things that we wanted so we could appreciate and take care of them because we bought them with our own money, and nothing was given to us. If we wanted something we would go out and earn it.

That's rare these days and it's part of the reason this country is going to ****.
    :+1:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I get 6 weeks of vacation a year and only use 2-3 each year. My much younger employees get upset if they might leave one day on the table.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I get 6 weeks of vacation a year and only use 2-3 each year. My much younger employees get upset if they might leave one day on the table.
    I used to be like this, but now I do try to use most of it, just to recharge if nothing else. Helps me focus and be more productive when I'm back. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to be like this, but now I do try to use most of it, just to recharge if nothing else. Helps me focus and be more productive when I'm back. :dunno:
    My problem is that I have no backup for some of the stuff I do. So that while other people that do have backup can take off for a week or two, I can't always do that. That means I end up taking a day or two here and there. It's rare that I take an entire week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom