• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wanda Sykes is upset no one (except Chris Rock) apologized to HER.

What?
    Kind of narcissistic

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, it could be fake, they are good actors...

But..
    I know comics make fun of things, but Smith's wife does have a disease.
    Seems kinda low.
    I mean if you had a special needs kid that was an actor, and a comedian started in on "R-----d" people, what would the reaction be?
    I'll agree it was a bit low. Rock could have went way lower though, as he's walking away he commented that "that was a nice one". I took it to mean that he could have made much worse jokes at her expense. I've heard it said that pain is the root of comedy. And it could be the pain of the comedian or the subject of the joke or both.

But not the same as if an actor had a special needs kid in the audience and the comedian started in on them. She's a grown ass and I'm assuming at least moderately intelligent woman. Hell she's made jokes about it herself. Which I'll admit is way different than someone else doing it. But still.

You put yourself up on the stage, you need thick skin. You ever watch any of the comedy central roasts?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll admit that I am no expert on alopecia, but the one person I knew that did have it said that she didn't have a single hair on her body. No eyebrows, nothing. Ms. Smith has a very short haircut (at least for all appearances) and it didn't appear that her eyebrows were drawn on. If that's the criteria, then OMG! I've got alopecia too! :faint:
    Does alopecia make you gain weight too? For some reason I can't seem to fit in my old clothes anymore.:dunno:

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    WTHR was just reporting that prices for tickets for Chris Rock's concert tour are skyrocketing. In Boston (I think) they went from about 40 bucks apiece to over 300 apiece. He's scheduled to perform in Indy soon too I guess and those prices are going up too. Seems likely that there was some collaboration on many levels going on here.
    It's working

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Interesting take. Jamal thinks that Smith did it to prove to his wife and everyone else that he's not soft.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Female pattern baldness really. There’s no cure.
    Maybe she should get a wig and just get over it.
    Has to attain victim status.
    Her acting career sucked. Terrible actress.
    Her face is a living Botox billboard.
    Words out she worked with Kamilla. Oh, wait that's another actress...:): But she already knows the ropes.

So, all that's left is Victim status. Get your media time however you can.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, it could be fake, they are good actors...

But..
    I know comics make fun of things, but Smith's wife does have a disease.
    Seems kinda low.
    I mean if you had a special needs kid that was an actor, and a comedian started in on "R-----d" people, what would the reaction be?

And like the week or so before she was saying how it doesn’t bother her about her hair…

And not a direct correlation, more like asking a special needs actor if they were going to be up for the remake of “Life Goes On” or some thing of that nature.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I'm more amazed why people care about the trash that Hollywood puts out these days as entertainment. Ask yourselves why they never did a remake of Johnny Quest

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm more amazed why people care about the trash that Hollywood puts out these days as entertainment. Ask yourselves why they never did a remake of Johnny Quest

What you talking about Willis…

Top Bottom