• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have been a INGO member for about 7 months and the thing I notice the most that seems to take over every post is the you trampled all over my Rights statement. I am pretty sure that most everyone on here would stand beside you and assemble ourselves together to protect our Rights. I see a pattern with the same people no matter what the subject is that goes straight to "Your trampling on my Rights" Guess what?????? Nobody is trampling on your rights. Get over it.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    If these boys are in collage like the thread indicates, they are close to the same age as my boys. One older & one about the same. If I walked in and seen one of my boy's doing a stunt like that I smack him in the head and WTF do you think you are trying to prove? You can agree with me or not... I don't give a..............................

All I know is more dumb stunts like that will result in this..............................

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I just read through this thread and have seen some interesting posts! is it our Right to carry in public, of course it is. Should we be so blatant about it, I don't think we should. As has been said, just because we can doesn't mean we should. Indiana has been making some pretty good gains in getting our Gun Rights recognized but getting the public opinion on our side is going to take some time. Optics, and timing, are huge here, as this is a very sensitive subject for a lot of people. This is not widely known, but we may soon have a great opportunity to further advance some legislation in the state. Representative Bill Davis, who was the Chair of the Public Policy Committee in the House, recently resigned to take another job with the state. This means that a new Chair will be appointed to head this committee. This committee is the one that hears firearms bills and the Chair has the power of what and what does not get heard. If enough stunts like this gets the public stirred up, take a guess what will probably happen?
    Again, just because you can doesn't always mean you should - use your head and look at the Big Picture!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    What about those who infer that any criticism of fellow gun owners is antigun?

For all we know our unlicensed friend with the AR at MickeyD's had no clue of how to SAFELY handle a rifle in a crowded business? How many folks might he have swept? What do you think his trigger discipline might have been? Not quite the same as OCing a handgun in a proper holster is it?
    For all we know nobody was hurt and no laws broke. I don't feel like speculating what could have been done wrong or right.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you carry a long gun with you all the time just about every where you go, then keep doing it. If you are doing it on occasion just to get an opportunity to post an encounter story then its just stupid.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have been a INGO member for about 7 months and the thing I notice the most that seems to take over every post is the you trampled all over my Rights statement. I am pretty sure that most everyone on here would stand beside you and assemble ourselves together to protect our Rights. I see a pattern with the same people no matter what the subject is that goes straight to "Your trampling on my Rights" Guess what?????? Nobody is trampling on your rights. Get over it.

I highly recommend opening your eyes one of these days. You might be surprised at what you don't have anymore.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Dang. All those times I tried to be a responsible gun owner by bringing my long gun with me inside the store, instead of leaving it in my car for an easy smash and grab, actually made me irresponsible.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

No one's trampling anybody's rights around here, but in case you haven't noticed, some people are "my way or the highway" types. Maybe you failed to read the whole thread of everyone saying "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." Those people will be the first to say "Well, I don't agree with it, so that's fine with me, take away that right." But, that's just my opinion.

I just read through this thread and have seen some interesting posts! is it our Right to carry in public, of course it is. Should we be so blatant about it, I don't think we should. As has been said, just because we can doesn't mean we should. Indiana has been making some pretty good gains in getting our Gun Rights recognized but getting the public opinion on our side is going to take some time. Optics, and timing, are huge here, as this is a very sensitive subject for a lot of people. This is not widely known, but we may soon have a great opportunity to further advance some legislation in the state. Representative Bill Davis, who was the Chair of the Public Policy Committee in the House, recently resigned to take another job with the state. This means that a new Chair will be appointed to head this committee. This committee is the one that hears firearms bills and the Chair has the power of what and what does not get heard. If enough stunts like this gets the public stirred up, take a guess what will probably happen?
    Again, just because you can doesn't always mean you should - use your head and look at the Big Picture!
    You think we've made gains like we have by sitting on our couch and hiding our guns? No, some of us write our public officials and OC to reduce the fear of the public. If they see it more often, it will be less of a shock to them. You can't sit around idly and expect things to change for the better. You have to play a game of chess with them.
    I highly recommend opening your eyes one of these days. You might be surprised at what you don't have anymore.
    Bingo.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Do you take your AR in to McDonald's?

Only Burger King. -1 McDonald's.

I've said this before, and I will probably say it a thousand times before someone tells me to shut up: there is a huge difference between someone with a long gun slung passively over his shoulder and not being actively handled and someone actively holding a long gun at level or at the ready. If I see someone with a long gun slung, no big deal. Levelled and hands on? Different reaction. Just because open carry upsets people is not sufficient cause not to do it. I don't care how many people freak out. In America, no one has the right not to be upset. No one has the right not to be offended. "Good protocol", "politeness", whatever - there is no such requirement to live in this nation and perish the day it ever becomes a requirement. I'd rather be uncivil in this case and armed than "polite" and unarmed; common sense, courtesy, convenience, civility itself be damned. This is America, and so long as we truly are free men, we shouldn't let the dictates of anyone prevent us from exercising our rights as we are able - and that includes all these gunowners who would have OCers step back into the CC closet.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Things that are an expression of rights, legal, and very stupid....

-Wearing a Black Panther "soldier" outfit at a NASCAR event
    -Donning a white hood during the Saturday of the Black Expo
    -Wearing a "10 year olds are sexy" t-shirt at a children's ballet recital
    -Munching on a bag of delicious bacon while at you friend's child's bar mitzvah
    -While tailgating, burning a flag on a grill, at an American sporting event
    -Wearing a "I Heart Lee Harvey Oswald" t-shirt at a presidential speaking event
    -OCing a long gun at Gifford's next speaking engagement
    -Exclaiming your girlfriend she's "da bomb" while traveling on an airplane

...and the list goes on, and on, and on. Point being, that just because it's legal, doesn't make it smart.

America was founded so that each may dare to be stupid. God bless this nation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A gun is a gun is a gun is gun. Strapping a tool designed to defend yourself to your waist, in my opinion, is no different than throwing one over your shoulder. Just like my keys and my phone, it goes everywhere with me, provided it is legal. Whether I choose a 3.5" barreled pistol or a 26" barreled rifle, that is irrelevant.

I disagree. Perhaps we should look at this from the practical standpoint. What is the best way to carry a rifle for transport. Easy right? Slung. What's the best way to car a handgun for transport? Easy again. Holstered.
    Now let's talk transitioning. Is it quicker to deploy a rifle or handgun from the "carry" slung/holstered position? Handgun, 9 out of 10 times. How does one match or exceed the speed of deployment, of a handgun, with a rifle? Carrying at the "low ready." How many people have you seen carrying at the "low ready," and would you be alarmed if someone walked through the door, of any place you were present, doing such?
    Saying "a gun, is a gun, is a gun" as if all are created equally for similar purposes is blantantly false.

Self defense is something NONE of us should politicize. As gunowners we should recognize, that If ever employed, at the very least we will possibly have to injure somebody. We should embrace the fact that we, that are lucky enough to have "good" laws, can legally carry a rifle in time where the need legitimately arises and defend ourselves and our families. We should not make light of the responsibility entrusted to us by attempting to make statements or force those that are uncomfortable with our stances to simply "put up with it 'cause it's my right." Should the need ever come, you can trust there will be many that see the error in their beliefs. But we won't change any opinions if they vote our rights away prior to.
    So my advice, keep your rifles out of sight of everyday America, but keep it oiled and polished for when you actually do need it. You'll make a better statement.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    America was founded so that each may dare to be stupid. God bless this nation.

It's also founded in a way that when too many people dare to be stupid too often, people "legislate" their butts back to intelligence, at the the expense of everyone else's rights.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I disagree. Perhaps we should look at this from the practical standpoint. What is the best way to carry a rifle for transport. Easy right? Slung. What's the best way to car a handgun for transport? Easy again. Holstered.
    Now let's talk transitioning. Is it quicker to deploy a rifle or handgun from the "carry" slung/holstered position? Handgun, 9 out of 10 times. How does one match or exceed the speed of deployment, of a handgun, with a rifle? Carrying at the "low ready." How many people have you seen carrying at the "low ready," and would you be alarmed if someone walked through the door, of any place you were present, doing such?
    Saying "a gun, is a gun, is a gun" as if all are created equally for similar purposes is blantantly false.

Self defense is something NONE of us should politicize. As gunowners we should recognize, that If ever employed, at the very least we will possibly have to injure somebody. We should embrace the fact that we, that are lucky enough to have "good" laws, can legally carry a rifle in time where the need legitimately arises and defend ourselves and our families. We should not make light of the responsibility entrusted to us by attempting to make statements or force those that are uncomfortable with our stances to simply "put up with it 'cause it's my right." Should the need ever come, you can trust there will be many that see the error in their beliefs. But we won't change any opinions if they vote our rights away prior to.
    So my advice, keep your rifles out of sight of everyday America, but keep it oiled and polished for when you actually do need it. You'll make a better statement.

Respectfully disagree. How is this: o0xl7b.png anything like this: 2uo48zm.jpg?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Open carrying a long gun in public just to make a point is like gay people or mixed race couples holding hands in public just to make a point. Some people are not going to like it. Some of the people who don't like it would like to use the law to hassle them into not doing it. I know where I stand on all three. Do unpopular stuff, you're likely to have trouble. Doesn't make it wrong or right, just the way it is.

Before anyone starts scoffing about my comparison being apples and oranges, let me make something clear. There are people in our society who see two men making a public display of homosexual affection as a direct threat to our culture. There are people in our society who see mixed race couples as a direct threat to our society. There have been incidents where LEO's have rousted these groups from restaurants at gunpoint.

Again, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that this is the way it is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom