• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Thank you. I'm sorry that I have not been clear enough.
    I'm looking for a link to a verification of Warthog's statement, preferably from him:

I have been told the same for many years, but have never found any credible evidence to back any of it up. Internet links mostly point to other gun web forums claiming the same, but with no proof. The only thing I have found credible was a link already posted here about them being neutral on the gun laws.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Adam Lanza was just open carrying an AR...protecting our rights, I guess....right up to the second he started slaughtering children.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At the time he was carrying the rifle he was already a murderer and prohibited from carrying a firearm

Unconstitutional! What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Also, I learned on INGO that since gun free school zones are unconstitutional, police would have been practicing the worst of jack-booted-thuggery if they had stopped him and questioned him while open carrying that AR on the way into the school.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This brings up the interesting angle of superior firepower, accuracy and fast access.
    Long story short, by toting your AR around to public places, you are forcing my hand to tote my own so I have an adequate means of self defense.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    You can not legislate intent. So if you want to open carry an AR - you have to know that everyone around you will be assessing your intent as best that they can. If you act normal they should act normal. If you even for a second raise the barrel, you are likely to be met with opposing force.

The poor kid who was just shot carrying an Airsfoft is a sad example of this.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...So if you want to open carry an AR - you have to know that everyone around you will be assessing your intent as best that they can. If you act normal they should act normal. If you even for a second raise the barrel, you are likely to be met with opposing force.

What about the contention that NORMAL would be to NOT bring your AR into McD's? Wouldn't appropriate opposing force to a gun being pointed actually shooting the one doing the pointing?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, there is a list maintained on the GOA site of all the people, companies and organizations that are antigun. There is another list that is now inaccessible on the Pink Pistols website that does the same thing. McDonald's used to be on both of them but has been struck from the GOA list, therefore I must retract my statement. It is easy enough however to Google McDonald's gun policy. Do it and you will find they want you to leave your guns in your car, or at home, before entering their "restaurants". They feel it hurts business and puts people on edge if firearms are present. I suppose those of you who have been looking for years haven't tried Google yet. They have followed Starbuck's n their policy again recently. First they said they'd go with the local laws then they caved to pressure and decided that gun were bad. I admit they must have stopped funding antigun activities however which is a step in the right direction. They still have soe further steps IMO.

That is all you get. Not good enough? Then enjoy your "food".

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This brings up the interesting angle of superior firepower, accuracy and fast access.
    Long story short, by toting your AR around to public places, you are forcing my hand to tote my own so I have an adequate means of self defense.

While I like where you're going with this thought, it also strikes me that you might have just been hanging around with rhino recently which only makes it seem plausible. ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What about the contention that NORMAL would be to NOT bring your AR into McD's? Wouldn't appropriate opposing force to a gun being pointed actually shooting the one doing the pointing?
    Societal norms are hardly static. Normal is a poor standard. One of the poorest. It's not normal for people to dress up as Furries and parade about town, but they won't get proned out if they do it.

OK, there is a list maintained on the GOA site of all the people, companies and organizations that are antigun. There is another list that is now inaccessible on the Pink Pistols website that does the same thing. McDonald's used to be on both of them but has been struck from the GOA list, therefore I must retract my statement. It is easy enough however to Google McDonald's gun policy. Do it and you will find they want you to leave your guns in your car, or at home, before entering their "restaurants". They feel it hurts business and puts people on edge if firearms are present. I suppose those of you who have been looking for years haven't tried Google yet. They have followed Starbuck's n their policy again recently. First they said they'd go with the local laws then they caved to pressure and decided that gun were bad. I admit they must have stopped funding antigun activities however which is a step in the right direction. They still have soe further steps IMO.

That is all you get. Not good enough? Then enjoy your "food".
    The 3 McD's closest to me have never said anything about my sidearm. :dunno: In fact, I don't know that any McD's I've patronized has asked me to leave or return it to my car.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What is there to investigate when it's very clear that no laws are being broken? Just curious.

It was reported to them there was a MWAG at mcdonalds, by someone who presumably believed a crime is or possibly about to be committed. No crime need be committed for law enforcement to investigate. Law enforcement responded to the call, and initiated an investigation. At the conclusion of the investigation they determined no laws had been broken and no further law enforcement action was taken.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Adam Lanza was just open carrying an AR...protecting our rights, I guess....right up to the second he started slaughtering children.
    Wow, you are right. We should all just hand in our guns now. It should be illegal to own a gun at all, because someone might go and use it to kill people. Thanks for clearing that up.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow, you are right. We should all just hand in our guns now. It should be illegal to own a gun at all, because someone might go and use it to kill people. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Iknowright. Carrying is the deciding factor of guilt or imminent guilt? ****! How many INGOers are just criminals-in-waiting based on that.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

The issue is, many here would have defended his right to tote an AR around until he shot the first kid, regardless of what his stated intentions were while in possession of the rifle.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It was reported to them there was a MWAG at mcdonalds, by someone who presumably believed a crime is or possibly about to be committed. No crime need be committed for law enforcement to investigate. Law enforcement responded to the call, and initiated an investigation. At the conclusion of the investigation they determined no laws had been broken and no further law enforcement action was taken.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why would anyone ever be concerned with someone carrying a long gun into a McDonalds? I fail to see any reason for the police to be called.

San Ysidro McDonald's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom