• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This whole thread smacks of a Jerry Springer episode.

KW comes here and brags about being harassed for toting an AR at McD's, half the audience applauds and half boos.
    [commercial break]
    Then we here about KW's sordid past runs with the law and how he thinks his problems are not of his own making.
    [commercial break]
    Then all heck breaks loose with those on stage yelling, "This is 'Merica! I'll do what I want." and "You can't tell me how to act!"

I want to hear why all those thinking OC an AR15 is such a great idea and, KW is a true patriot explain why they aren't doing the same thing every day?

If you jump in the tiger pit at the zoo, don't complain the tiger violating your rights when you get mauled.

Why do we have to make the conversation about if it is a great idea, when the conversation should be is it legal or illegal?

I know it's October and near Halloween, but you straw-man argument is pathetic.

Oh no, I'm hurt.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    So you recorded the incident, but the camera just happened to "crash" at the end?

Another reason I think LEO's should wear a camera to document all interactions with the public.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I read all his posts out loud in my best pirate voice........ AAarrrrrrrrr!

in my mind it sounds more like this guy
    carmen.jpg

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Then we here about KW's sordid past runs with the law and how he thinks his problems are not of his own making.
    You're talking about when I refused to let officers illegally search my dwelling, right? Because we established long ago that is all VUPDblue was talking about.
    I want to hear why all those thinking OC an AR15 is such a great idea and, KW is a true patriot explain why they aren't doing the same thing every day?
    Why would I be a true patriot? I wasn't carrying it.

So you recorded the incident, but the camera just happened to "crash" at the end?

Another reason I think LEO's should wear a camera to document all interactions with the public.
    Correct. I didn't exactly think I would need a camera (despite what many here believe) or I would have had my dedicated one instead of my three year old barely still functioning phone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    By implying that it is a naivete of experience that enables people like me to remain focused on the "ideal." You insinuated that had we been unlucky enough to feel the boot on our neck, we wouldn't be so quick to support fighting for our rights, that we would be gratefully happy for the precious few that we have, and that we would (I'll go so far as to say you think we should) sacrifice our full liberties for the sake of allowing other to let us keep a few.

If I've been on television, it's been once, as an interviewee. And I would hardly say I am on the front lines. In fact, quite the opposite. There are far more people, here on INGO and elsewhere, who do more, so much more, than I. My contribution is rather minimal actually. I write letters, OC, and argue about it with friends and internet friends.

No good reason? You have come out on the side of tyranny and I am not supposed to be sensitive that you would rather I shut up and be silent rather than right a wrong?

I'm calling others out for hypocritical positions on RKBA. I do not see myself as taking a hypocritical position on RKBA.

But only education, discussion, and info that meets your approval. Is there not potential to educate people that the carrying of a firearm is legal and without inherent criminal threat? LE's response does not reflect on the carrying of a long gun. It reflects on the maturity and civility of the responding LEOs.

Bringing more gunowners into the fold is great. But it isn't changing the public perception. INGO is proof that being a gunowner doesn't mean someone supports freedom for gunowners.

How do you figure? Every long gun carrying event is met with demands by LE to cease and desist. And those are the positive encounters. The bad ones look like the one described in the OP...and worse. If it were working, the responses would be a lot different. As long as we continue to acquiesce to their demands to refrain from exercising our rights, there is ZERO pressure on LE to change.

Those are decisions for YOU. Yet you keep insisting that others should follow the same course. You're not the one being hassled. What do you care?

And I have explained why I believe your position is hypocritical. There is no reconciling a position of supporting the free exercise of legal rights and in the same breath advocating we not use them because it might make others upset.

Why shouldn't it be common practice? It should only be as common as the people who exercise it prefer to make it. It may be common here and not there. But the acceptance of a long gun in public should be common because the guns aren't the problem and fear of inanimate objects is the first step towards tyranny. When people aren't afraid, they don't feel the need to control.

Yes, we get it. You disapprove. Big surprise.

OK...I guess that everything you do or say is "The way" and 100% spot on correct. I will also say that apparently my whole life and all I have accomplished is a waste as you feel I am on the side of the idiot LEO that showed there A$$es in this situation. Wrong...wrong and again...wrong.

No, I am not on the side of tyranny. Have you not understood a thing I have written.

Yes, we are making a difference. More than dare I say you are in your efforts. If it does not show on ingo that is not my fault. I will say it again....many converts.....much time and effort on our part has paid off. It will continue to add numbers to those who see the 2A for what it is and not what Barry and his minions want it to be. What have my actions in converting so many had to do with LE interaction during an open carry rally. You are making absolutely no sense. I take no part in those and choose not to. I will continue my efforts softly and successfully. Beat the drums and bang the pots. Carry on.

When and where in history except in the wild wild west was it ever common to carry a long gun.....never. Why now. What is it proving, that you can. So be it. Do it. Carry in church, the market, at the movies...hell, I really do not care actually. See what the end result will be. Is that the feelings of a person who sides on tyranny.
    My opinion is that for all the good we do these actions counter ours and set us back. That you do not agree.....so be it. You win...OK.

Yes, my decisions to help when others would not...yes, I have been done in by the system and survived but again....you are making no sense at all. I do not cast that shadow on others. Hassled, I did not set myself up for it. They did and we are discussing how/why and what.

I am done. I pray others will have better luck here.

Ruger0890

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    St Joe County
    Lots of incidents like this, plenty of videos online as well, i can understand being frustrated about oc if its a handgun but unless your purposely trying to make a point by carrying a rifle like alot of the videos online i don't think its necessary when just going out to lunch and you should at least expect a little hassle. All depends on the leo though and some do go overboard, but they don't know what your intentions are. Personally i rather be a a**hole and find out your not up to anything than not pay you any mind and later regret it if you did flip out

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm still trying to say why the Mom's Demand Action are wrong when they want to take away the right to carry, but some here are right, because they don't think you should have the right to carry a rifle.

Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    With all the videos on YouTube and posts on here about how police react to long rifles in public places (stores, restaurants, parks) you can't tell me you did not know how this was going to end.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    This whole thread smacks of a Jerry Springer episode.

KW comes here and brags about being harassed for toting an AR at McD's, half the audience applauds and half boos.
    [commercial break]
    [commercial break]
    Then all heck breaks loose with those on stage yelling, "This is 'Merica! I'll do what I want." and "You can't tell me how to act!"

If you jump in the tiger pit at the zoo, don't complain the tiger violating your rights when you get mauled.

For all of the railing and teeth gnashing that's went on, I haven't heard one mention of anyone actually OCing a long gun other than the OP's sidekick.
    Surely the staunch long gun OC advocates must, and on a daily basis.

Top Bottom