• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    When I started reading this thread I wasn't really surprised that some of the gun-owners on this forum would start to to crucify him without any real evidence.

Thanks to the ones who eventually got the ball rolling on a more reasoned approach to this.

Remember - no duty to retreat, disparity of force.

If you wouldn't draw when you are being threatened by 5 guys (assuming for a minute that's what happened) when exactly would you you draw?

A verbal altercation (with a woman or anyone else) that didn't include threats of violence is no justification for anyone to threaten you. A simple argument isn't a crime worthy of "stepping in". If I'm in a tiff with my wife & 5 guys "stepped in" I think I'd be justified in telling them to just mind their own business. If they don't walk away at that point then who's the agressor? If they continued to harass me or threaten me then I think I'd be justified in defending myself.

I'm not saying the guys threatened him, I really don't know any more than anyone else who wasn't there.

No one got shot.

How can you say you are afraid for your life from 5 attackers, pull your gun, and then not shoot a single one of them?

Easy, he's a zero, a dip wad. He got beat up on the play ground and kept comeing back to get beat up again over and over. He got a gun and thought it made him some one and came back more mouthy than ever. Got mouthy, was about to get his hiney handed to him again and decided he would "flash" as I've read it described here. He wasn't willing to back up his BLUFF. He might have just as easily been getting tossed to the curb at Mao Mart by a couple of women.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i'm not saying that your assessment isnt correct (i dont know), but if you can get away from a situation without shooting, that doesnt mean you were bluffing. researchers like john lott have noted that most incidences involving the defensive use of handguns did NOT involve shots being fired. turns out that guns can be a deterrent.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    No one got shot.

How can you say you are afraid for your life from 5 attackers, pull your gun, and then not shoot a single one of them?

Easy, he's a zero, a dip wad. He got beat up on the play ground and kept comeing back to get beat up again over and over. He got a gun and thought it made him some one and came back more mouthy than ever. Got mouthy, was about to get his hiney handed to him again and decided he would "flash" as I've read it described here. He wasn't willing to back up his BLUFF. He might have just as easily been getting tossed to the curb at Mao Mart by a couple of women.

Nowhere in IN law is there a requirement actually shoot if you draw. As a matter of fact (unless you live in Kansas) it's probably better for everyone involved if you DON'T have to shoot someone. If the person stops their threatening behavior and they don't end up dead...I'd say that's a win!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well I couldn't be bothered to read all of the posts, but as a Libatard Capital resident, I've not had "problems" in bars. I think he found what he was looking for, and is lucky he didn't get himself killed.

Top Bottom