One LARGE order of S-HOLE coming right up!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure kut, I'm sure.

Because christians and muslims are the same, right? You know europeans and middle easterners have exactly the same culture and heritage.

I can't tell if you're being serious or joking half of the time.

Immigrants should be accepted based on what their compatibility with our country, our values, and our culture is. If integration seems like a pipe dream, and can be observed elsewhere in the world as being a difficult or impossible process, then I don't believe it's in our interests to accept someone.

I am getting better at it but he is good at change ups.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sure kut, I'm sure.

Because christians and muslims are the same, right? You know europeans and middle easterners have exactly the same culture and heritage.

I can't tell if you're being serious or joking half of the time.

Immigrants should be accepted based on what their compatibility with our country, our values, and our culture is. If integration seems like a pipe dream, and can be observed elsewhere in the world as being a difficult or impossible process, then I don't believe it's in our interests to accept someone.

So just out of curiosity do Black South African farmers also a culture similar to ours?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So just out of curiosity do Black South African farmers also a culture similar to ours?

If they voted for the politicians that voted for the law that usurped the rights of others, probably not. Well...maybe they would in view of many democrats.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's where the story goes off the rails. Black Americans or African-Americans means refers to black Americans, period. Those of us that are descendent of slaves, have no national origin that we can be cite, as a displaced peoples, other than an acknowledgement of the place our ancestors originated from.

Africans that moved here from Africa do not have that issue, they don't refer to themselves as "African-Americans," because they are Sudanese-American, Somali-American, Kenyan-American. There's absolutely no need for them to need a more encompassing umbrella for identification. Just as Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans, or Polish-Americans have no need to refer to themselves as European-Americans. With that line of thought, a South African, would be a South African-American. To come here and claim to simply be an "African-American" when one can be more specific concerning national origin, is disingenuous. Why stop at African-American, if someone wants to push the bounds? Why not Southern Hemisphere-American or Planet Earth-American? Why attempt to make a mockery of people who have a lost history, and refer to themselves in the most specific way that they are able?

Your issue is that African-American has a racial component to it. Ok, so let me get this straight. You have a problem with group of people that are the descendants of American slaves because the name they "identify" with, "African-American" is also used a racial designation? How could it possibly not be a racial designation? Would it be better, if instead of "African-America," we used "Slave Descendent Americans?" Please, tell me how that doesn't carry a racial designation, for people held in bondage in the United States? Afro-American... how about that one? No... Afros traditionally tend to have a racial component too. Hmmm... how about simply Black-American, that way we can lumped in with Sudanese, Somali, and Kenyan-Americans. Nevermind the fact that they will probably be certain to clarify exactly who they are and their particular heritage.

You're absolutely right, people shouldn't be placed in boxes.... so I guess they also shouldn't be proud of their respective heritages. We're all American after all, right? So let's boycott the all these hyphenated-American events that bring us all this foreign culture-ish stuff. Makes sense, right?

I think you’re saying I’m saying more than I’m saying. Not intentionally though.

I do understand about the need for Identity, and I’ve said as much. So, because of the history, how many generations are needed to get past identifying by physical features? The sooner that bit of social evolution happens the sooner American Blacks will be ready to move on. And by that I’m not saying Blacks are the only ones who need to move past race. But we cant get there of either side clings to the importance of it.

The guy I ranted about in the SJW thread, he cares too much about race to be of help for your side of it. Saying that stuff isn’t going to change minds that need changed, but it could turn people the other way. The people with the most public voices, doing the talking for Black people, aren’t helping. They’re so indoctrinated by social justice buzzwords they’re incapable of believing that they can be racist too, and even that white privilege, to the extent it exists is not universally applicable to all whites and oppression is not universally applicable to all black people.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If they voted for the politicians that voted for the law that usurped the rights of others, probably not. Well...maybe they would in view of many democrats.

I'm just trying to see how wide the door to this exodus is swung. I'll tell you this, if you let one group in from SA, be prepared to open the floodgates.... because it ain't gonna be just white farmers coming in. It will be everyone that can assimilate into American society.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm just trying to see how wide the door to this exodus is swung. I'll tell you this, if you let one group in from SA, be prepared to open the floodgates.... because it ain't gonna be just white farmers coming in. It will be everyone that can assimilate into American society.

I wasn't aware other groups than Boers were under threat of genocide.

There is a racial component to their refugee status, if they are approved. They are being slaughtered because they are white, so I'm not sure your statement makes much sense.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm not even rooting for dragging them over here. I am curious though, if we're being consistent, why we wouldn't aren't mobilizing the same outrage and call for action the last time we decided injustice was being perpetrated in SA and needed to be ended. Seems to be a lot of shrugging and looking the other way by most of the types that were making it a thing back a few years ago. Seems like enough hypocrisy to go around to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know "quite a lot" of South African farmers? Call me skeptical. As far as the similarities, seems that would be quite a few followers of Islam that could make claim to the traits you listed.
    Well, then there’s the whole terrorist thing that sort of helps propel the conversation in that direction. Or we could just talk in terms of what America needs. Do we need more cab drivers? Not since Uber came along. Farmers? They’re all corporate now. But I suppose cheap farm labor is always needed. Are the SA farmers willing to work for as little as the Mexicans?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, then there’s the whole terrorist thing that sort of helps propel the conversation in that direction. Or we could just talk in terms of what America needs. Do we need more cab drivers? Not since Uber came along. Farmers? They’re all corporate now. But I suppose cheap farm labor is always needed. Are the SA farmers willing to work for as little as the Mexicans?

I'm sure they're willing to do anything to avoid being rounded up and slaughtered.

One needs not look further than Rhodesia to know how this story plays out.

WCBB9GW.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dislike? No not at all. I simply want them held to the exact same standard that other potential immigrants are. They don't get a pass because they are having a rough time in their home nation.
    Okay. So it sounds like you can spite these people because the other side rejects Muslims? How is that morally better?

If you think the US should take in refugees, then it shouldn’t matter. If it does, that’s just spite.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wasn't aware other groups than Boers were under threat of genocide.

There is a racial component to their refugee status, if they are approved. They are being slaughtered because they are white, so I'm not sure your statement makes much sense.

So we should just open the doors to people who are simply under "threat" of genocide? How about the folks who are currently experiencing genocide? But just so you know, they aren't white.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay. So it sounds like you can spite these people because the other side rejects Muslims? How is that morally better?

If you think the US should take in refugees, then it shouldn’t matter. If it does, that’s just spite.

Whoa there cowboy. I haven't ever said we should take in Muslims. In fact, I am against it, not just for Muslims but everybody. We have enough people to care for, and I don't want to spend a dime more bring them in. It's not spite, it's consistency.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What are you saying, Kut? Be a man and speak plainly.

That was as plainly obvious as it gets. Be studious and read what that was comment was in response to. If you don't understand, then that's on you. This isn't a paint by numbers discussion.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That was as plainly obvious as it gets. Be studious and read what that was comment was in response to. If you don't understand, then that's on you. This isn't a paint by numbers discussion.

No, that's not good enough. Say it plainly. No need to be cowardly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So we should just open the doors to people who are simply under "threat" of genocide? How about the folks who are currently experiencing genocide? But just so you know, they aren't white.
    C’mon. You act like that’s the only part of the story.

Top Bottom