• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I just wanted to get in early...So what's this about? Bad LEO's? Bush sucks? Libertarians throw away votes? Muslims are trying to kill us all because are chicks are hotter than theirs? I can not wait to read the original post....

9mm has been verified to be superior to the .45 in every instance.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Troll and Run

I guess this is another one of those great threads where the OP starts it and then logs off without responding even once.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I guess this is another one of those great threads where the OP starts it and then logs off without responding even once.
    Still here. I haven't received a call back so I don't know what happened yet. Ill find out tonight. I didn't realize how this would reveal so many mindsets. I don't believe the police are the answer to everything but in this case I couldn't do anything other than call. Confronting them would be unwise because I was outnumbered and outgunned and best case scenario they only had that rifle and pocket knives and me getting in their face may have started a chain effect and Id get jumped. Plus I didn't know if they had been drinking or high which in this town is highly likely. In hindsight this taught me some lessons like never be unarmed which my daily jog is the only time of the day I don't carry since I run at the school track. Ill adjust my route from now on. I also broke a rule of going around a possible trouble place. That house has numerous police at it a lot, I really didn't think about this antil now. When I was a corrections officer the occupants spent some time in jail for possession but I don't know that they still live there. To those who don't like my course of action tell me what you would have done.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Pointing a firearm at anybody and at a school with kids inside and laughing about it while working the bolt and adjusting scope. Serious or not its dangerous and threating at the least. This house is 25 yards max from the classrooms. People doing things like that are one step from seriously hurting someone. I couldn't live with myself if they kept playing around and a round was fired into a classroom or myself. These guys pointed it right at me. I know its seems I broke a rule and possibly got another gun owner in trouble but I am not playing around with kids lives. Seriously this is like going to buy a rifle then go out the parking lot and point it at people and cars to check the scope and expect people to give you the benefit of the doubt??? Sorry to pee in somes cheerios. Just my .02
    Well, first it was a school administration building and now it's a school full of kids????? You wouldn't be embellishing a bit to garner sympathy, would you? I suppose next you'll be telling us you didn't actually hear what they were laughing about and just assumed it had to do with something pertaining to the rifle and the direction it was pointed.

Out with it: Do you know they were laughing about pointing the firearm AT the school? For a fact? Without a doubt?

Fairly certain that pointing a gun at someone (loaded or not) isn't exactly legal.

So, what, are we so anti-cop here now that we shouldn't even report ACTUAL crimes?
    I'm certain the law doesn't make this distinction, but I'm fairly confident that it was intended to discourage the pointing of a firearm for the purpose of intimidating or threatening the individual. So in this case, calling what the individuals in the OP's description did criminal is a bit of a stretch.

Really? Based on the OPs description, this wasn't an even accidental sweep. It was intentional.
    Based on the OP's description. Why are we taking his version at face value? INGO routinely calls BS on stories like this. I think he saw a rifle being pointed, men having a good time and laughing about something. And in his infinite wisdom, he discerned what no other mortal man could possibly know just from observing from across the street: that the men in question were actually making plans to shoot the first person that came out of the school administration building.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I have no problem with him calling the police.... looking down the wrong end of a scoped rifle is pretty intimidating.

Would it be any different if this happened at a range of 20ft? How about 10ft? I can't stand in my front lawn and point my pistol at everyone that walks by right? So why should I be allowed to point a scoped rifle at a jogger?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Based on the OP's description. Why are we taking his version at face value? INGO routinely calls BS on stories like this. I think he saw a rifle being pointed, men having a good time and laughing about something. And in his infinite wisdom, he discerned what no other mortal man could possibly know just from observing from across the street: that the men in question were actually making plans to shoot the first person that came out of the school administration building.

Do you have any reason not to take darinb's word at face value? Does darinb have a reputation for lying on INGO? The rest of your statement has nothing to do with my comment. Simply having a gun pointed at you is a crime and he has every right to report it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have very good reason to doubt his assumptions. Namely they're assumptions.

If it's a crime, then we're all guilty of it. When will you be turning yourself in?

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    The building is called the administration building and is used mainly for administration other than the adjoined gym and library where they have classes. Both gym and library are used every day. The new school building is down the street. I don't need sympathy. If they would have been doing what they were doing an hour later theyd be pointing in the direction of school buses and kids at the crosswalk but I guess that would be ok? I don't get how breaking all gun safety rules are ok while directly endangering others. True, I don't know their intentions but why would you take that gamble?

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Brandishing a weapon.

Close, intentionally pointing a gun at someone.

IC 35-47-4-3 Version a
    Pointing firearm at another person
    Note: This version of section effective until 7-1-2014. See also following version of this section, effective 7-1-2014.
    Sec. 3. (a) This section does not apply to a law enforcement officer who is acting within the scope of the law enforcement officer's official duties or to a person who is justified in using reasonable force against another person under:
    (1) IC 35-41-3-2; or
    (2) IC 35-41-3-3.
    (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm was not loaded.
    As added by P.L.296-1995, SEC.2.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Still here. I haven't received a call back so I don't know what happened yet. Ill find out tonight. I didn't realize how this would reveal so many mindsets. I don't believe the police are the answer to everything but in this case I couldn't do anything other than call. Confronting them would be unwise because I was outnumbered and outgunned and best case scenario they only had that rifle and pocket knives and me getting in their face may have started a chain effect and Id get jumped. Plus I didn't know if they had been drinking or high which in this town is highly likely. In hindsight this taught me some lessons like never be unarmed which my daily jog is the only time of the day I don't carry since I run at the school track. Ill adjust my route from now on. I also broke a rule of going around a possible trouble place. That house has numerous police at it a lot, I really didn't think about this antil now. When I was a corrections officer the occupants spent some time in jail for possession but I don't know that they still live there. To those who don't like my course of action tell me what you would have done.

I don't think you did anything wrong. It's just hard to tell what is a real thread or someone joking or intentionally starting an argument anymore. I'm glad you are safe and hopefully the police can help.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Amazing how many posters think pointing a gun at some one is cool. :dunno:

^^^This is what I'm thinking!^^^ Now how many of the people denigrating the OP for what he did would be the FIRST to b!tch about getting swept at a gun shop with a gun that has a 99.99% chance of being UNLOADED? The OP didn't know if it was loaded or was about to be loaded or not, especially if the house and its occupants have a "checkered past" with the law. I don't see a thing wrong with what he did. At what point does suspicious behavior become actionable?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And another thing (sorry but this kind of got my hackles up)... Some folks seem to have this "don't involve the police at any cost" attitude, and yet would probably turn right around and gripe about the "police not doing their job". Well explain this to me... Just exactly what "job" are they supposed to do if nobody reports a crime (or a potential crime)? Only act on those crimes that they witness happening themselves? Maybe they should just know when and where a crime is going to occur and be there to prevent it? "The Minority Report" was fiction folks. If nobody reports anything, what the heck IS the job of police? :ranton:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

It's best to tell the cops to hurry and you are going in with your gun blazing. :ingo:

Last edited:

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I find it perplexing that the same people defending the fellow OC'ing an AR at McD's, and stated it was good as long as he carried it safely (ie shouldered with the muzzle down), are here defending someone pointing a rifle at people. :dunno::dunno:

Top Bottom